Qwasdz5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm doing Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde.

I'm not exactly sure how to revise because so far I've written theme notes based on youtube vids. I will do characters as well, but is this all I need to do?

Pls share success stories or any advice, or any other youtubers! (I'm watching Mr Salles teaches English) shoud I watch every single video????

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO GIVES ME ADVICE
immiekeys
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not sure if you also watch Mr Bruff but he's got some good stuff. I'm in year 13 doing English Lit for A level but also did Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde at GCSE. I would say themes are good because they cover a wide range of ways you can answer a question, whatever comes up. Also possibly look at the start, middle and ending of both texts as it will be really good to show the examiner you have a good understanding of the novel/play and find you may be able to contrast different areas. Also, don't stress too much about it but maybe just do a bit of background research of the context of the two texts, this can be impressive and sometimes missed out by other students answering the same question. Also, I can't remember exactly but I'm guessing you get an extract from each text, and not sure if they tell you which part the extract is from, but just make sure you're clear on the general timeline of texts, just to avoid any confusion and will also make yourself feel more confident going into the exam on whatever comes up. All the best!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (65)
21.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
45.27%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.16%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.61%

Watched Threads