The Student Room Group

JLR Assessment Day

Hi TSR,

I have been invited to an assessment day at Jaguar Land Rover next week but haven't received any emails regards the day. How's it been for everyone else?
Hi,
I was at an assessment centre with JLR nearly two weeks ago and had a really good experience. What role are you applying for?
Reply 2
Im applying for the Software engineer - software pathway, good stuff man. any tips you’d recommend?
I've just been informed today that I've got an assessment centre in a couple of weeks time, how has it gone for others?
If you have a group task, I would really recommend keeping your eye on the time. That’s something most assessors like to see. I know it sounds cheesy but I would also say it’s good to be yourself. Applicants who’ve made it this far will probably all have a good achievements, so I personally think that being able to show a little bit of personality helps. I’ve actually done a couple of different assessment centres and most of them said they look for potential in people if that helps? I’ve just been offered a role at JLR on the data pathway, so I’m happy to help however I can :smile:
Original post by iamnotsmart
If you have a group task, I would really recommend keeping your eye on the time. That’s something most assessors like to see. I know it sounds cheesy but I would also say it’s good to be yourself. Applicants who’ve made it this far will probably all have a good achievements, so I personally think that being able to show a little bit of personality helps. I’ve actually done a couple of different assessment centres and most of them said they look for potential in people if that helps? I’ve just been offered a role at JLR on the data pathway, so I’m happy to help however I can :smile:

I've applied for the Software with data pathways as well. Any tips and ricks you'd give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Reply 6

Thank you so much and is really helpful and congrats man
Have you got any relevant experience? I’m currently doing an online course in coding which I found really useful to talk about in the interview. I also think that if you’ve done anything relevant in your own time, it shows you’ve got a real interest in the area
Have you got any relevant experience? I’m currently doing an online course in coding which I found really useful to talk about in the interview. I also think that if you’ve done anything relevant in your own time, it shows you’ve got a real interest in the area

Due to my a-level choices I'm quite competent in python so I'm hoping that will be a good talking point.
Definitely! Sounds like you’re in a really good position :smile:
Definitely! Sounds like you’re in a really good position :smile:

Thank you for your help, it is appreciated.
Happy to help! Best of luck, I’d love to hear how you get on :smile:

I'll let you know when I hear back. Out of curiosity where did you go for your assessment centre?
It was near Warwick at a site called Ashorne Hill, think it was like a rental site
It was near Warwick at a site called Ashorne Hill, think it was like a rental site

That's the same one I've been invited to :smile:
It was a really nice actually. If someone drops you off, make sure they come in with you to get an exit code so they can get out the gates. My mum didn’t come in and get one, and then she couldn’t get out the barrier 😂
It was a really nice actually. If someone drops you off, make sure they come in with you to get an exit code so they can get out the gates. My mum didn’t come in and get one, and then she couldn’t get out the barrier 😂

Oh dear doesn't sound good. Thanks for the advice.
Reply 17

Sorry for asking more questions but, for the presentation what would you recommend to do it on or what did you do it on, and how long after the assessment day did it take to hear back from them?
I’m currently working full time so I did my presentation on some stuff I had done at work, but other people were doing there’s on a school project, their EPQ or just something relevant they’d done outside of school for fun. I think it’s good to do your presentation on something you’re passionate about because they will ask lots of questions on it. I heard back the same day, but it seems like lots of candidates will be hearing from them in April. Also don’t be sorry for asking questions, I’m happy to help :smile:

Go. Just wondering how long after your interview before you heard you’d got in. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending