The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open university

If I were to do only 1 a level in something like psychology or business, would I still be able to get into an open university course for that thing as I’ve looked on their website and it says there are no formal entry requirements but I just want to make sure.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
If I were to do only 1 a level in something like psychology or business, would I still be able to get into an open university course for that thing as I’ve looked on their website and it says there are no formal entry requirements but I just want to make sure.

Yes, you don't need any A Levels to get on a course with the OU. An A Level could be a useful introduction, though. The level 1 modules do give a good introduction to the topic and to undergraduate study as well though.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
99% of OU degrees/courses have no entry requirements (ie, you do not need any GCSEs or A Levels).

There are a few courses that do have entry requirements, namely Nursing and 1 or 2 science based degrees, I think.

Also, Most Level 1 (Year 1) modules of OU degrees are to A Level standard, so it isn't too difficult for people without A Levels, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest