How to get high grades in final year? (Biomedical science)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,
I'm in my degree's last semester of my last year.
I did bad in second year. I got like a third class.
And in my first semester for my final year, I got 40% in two exams and will have to resit an exam I failed.
All my exams are essay based.
I have 2 forms of assignments - my research project and a 3000 report for one module.

Please could I have some advice?
Thank you
Anneka1990
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What is it you think you struggle most with written assignments/essays? I would see if your university has any study skills sessions and make use of them as they can really help with referencing issues or academic writing skills. Also I personally find starting assignments as soon as you can really helps, I personally get a mental block when I first start and always struggle to start assignments but once I get into it I find it easier so keeping organised and making sure I have enough time to research and really understand helps. Also, I found I really struggled in exams rather than written assignments so I’ve learnt to change my revision technique, maybe you could look at how you’ve tried to tackle previous assignments like this and work out an alternative way? Hope I’ve been helpful!
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You should have spent the first two year's figuring this out... Surely you must know the standard required to do well. Every uni has it's own nuances....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (641)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads