NHS Bursary 2020 - for Northern Ireland?

Watch
ashannei
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Does anyone know if the new September 2020 AHP/nursing/midwifery £5000+ bursaries apply to Northern Ireland?
Have seen reference to students at ‘English’ universities in articles which doesn’t seem to include NI.
These courses are tuition fee free in Northern Ireland for Northern Irish students, so that may be why it wouldn’t apply. Does anyone know?
mackers_ire
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Higher Education funding is devolved to the NI Assembly, so only they can authorise changes to NI healthcare students' funding (annoying I know, as I'm from NI originally, but now living in England for quite a few years, and applying for healthcare courses here as an England-domiciled student).

Unfortunately it's unlikely the NIA will give similar extra funding for NI courses, as even second degree funding for healthcare courses is not available in NI.
Jhutchinson19
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
If I’m a ni student but have lived in England for uni for last three years can you apply to student finance England ??
mackers_ire
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Jhutchinson19)
If I’m a ni student but have lived in England for uni for last three years can you apply to student finance England ??
The problem is that you need to be living therefore purposes other than education. I can't tell you if they'd believe you were living there for non-educational purposes (e.g. living with your family in England, and just happened to go to uni there also). All I can suggest is contacting SFE andseeing what they say.

If they reject your application, then you may have to live in England a further year outside of education, or show other strong connections there to convince them it's your permanent residence now.
Last edited by mackers_ire; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (445)
56.33%
I don't have everything I need (345)
43.67%

Watched Threads