rvrv2003
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,

Would anybody mind rating my answer and if possible tell me how I can improve the score

Thank YOuName:  WhatsApp Image 2020-03-03 at 9.39.09 PM.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  318.7 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2020-03-03 at 9.39.26 PM.jpeg
Views: 14
Size:  298.9 KB
Last edited by rvrv2003; 8 months ago
ng849
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Before I begin, let me just say that I do OCR, not Edexcel, and although this q looks very much like the OCR 15 markers, I could be completely wrong in my marking.

Firstly, if I summarise your introduction, you have just said that there are views for and against. Now this does not answer the question at all as it has already told you that there are divergent views.

One thing that annoys me about your answer (although you may not actually lose marks for this) is that you occasionally do not capitalise "Christians" or "the Church."

In general you have made a good effort at providing different views. However, not all your paragraphs are backed up by sources of wisdom/authority (normally the Bible). Furthermore, you keep saying that "Others may say this..." If possible, specify which others. Are they conservative? liberal? charismatic? Catholic? Etc...

Also, if possible, I would also back up what practices they may do with examples. For example, you talked about charity. This is an EASY link to the Salvation Army and its focus on agape, helping those in need and proselytisation.

Finally, I would have a separate conclusion to your final point. The question is asking you to draw a nuanced, "justified," conclusion. This means not just saying that you agree wholeheartedly with one single view, even if that is actually what you believe. You have to draw on the points that you raised in the essay (though do not just repeat them) and make a balanced final decision. This is also the right kind of time to quote a Christian theologian or philosopher, if you happen to know any relevant quotations

In conclusion, as I do not have the mark scheme, I do not feel confident that I can give you an accurate score. If I were to guesstimate, I would say 8/12. However, I think that it is more important to listen to the feedback and ways to improve instead of worrying over the score. Good luck
Last edited by ng849; 8 months ago
rvrv2003
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Thank You very much for your help!!!I will keep this in mind for next time.
Hope you have a good day!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (627)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.75%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.51%

Watched Threads