Funding for Distance Learning Postgraduate

Watch
sofiamuse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all, do you know of any funding opportunities for adult distance learners studying in an English university? My course is not eligible for Student finance unfortunately due to its length and I'd have to self fund it. I have already looked for some charity scholarships and really can't find anything that's suitable to me (Applied linguistics). The university doesn't offer anything.
I can of course self-fund but it's a huge chunk out of my budget, I'd prefer to get at least partial scholarship.
Any ideas anyone? I work for a charity, maybe this should help, however my employer won't pay for it.
Thanks
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sofiamuse)
Hi all, do you know of any funding opportunities for adult distance learners studying in an English university? My course is not eligible for Student finance unfortunately due to its length and I'd have to self fund it. I have already looked for some charity scholarships and really can't find anything that's suitable to me (Applied linguistics). The university doesn't offer anything.
I can of course self-fund but it's a huge chunk out of my budget, I'd prefer to get at least partial scholarship.
Any ideas anyone? I work for a charity, maybe this should help, however my employer won't pay for it.
Thanks
Does the university offer any relevant bursaries/grants? Otherwise, it's likely that you'll have to use earnings from your work (and ideally work alongside your master's) to afford it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (211)
33.55%
No (418)
66.45%

Watched Threads