(Original post by Unknown70)
How old is the car
6 years old.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
McLaren 12C, Porsche 928GTS, and two boring ones.
Unknown70
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by harrisong12)
6 years old.
So a 14 plate?
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A Mercedes C220D 18, plate.
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nissan micra
LTEcactus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A Volvo - not quite a BMW, but much better than a Corsa, Fiesta etc. Tbh better than an Audi (unless you get a 4WD RS3)
Nuffles
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just picked up my current German luxo-barge

Not had any decent weather to take photos with my proper camera yet but loving it so far. Big upgrade over my mk4 Golf estate and I'm glad I went with this over another B5.5 Passat. It does have an alarmingly large diesel tank though... That said it was actually slightly cheaper to insure than my Golf even though they both have the same PD130 engine. I'm guessing because the Golf was auto and this is manual and a couple of years newer.
LeMansClivey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Plus I want to go electric and so does my partner so might as well.
Out of interest, why?

As a petrolhead, I dread internal combustion engines being replaced by soulless electric motors. Even the fastest electric cars do absolutely nothing for me.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LeMansClivey)
Out of interest, why?

As a petrolhead, I dread internal combustion engines being replaced by soulless electric motors. Even the fastest electric cars do absolutely nothing for me.
Because it's the way things are going, and soon you won't be able to buy petrol cars at all. It's a positive step for the environment, and I'd like to take that step as soon as possible. Plus, I see driving as a means to an end rather than an enjoyable experience like "petrolheads" might.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Audi A1
hannahgeo123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
2008 Nissan Micra
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Volvo C30
andrei3000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by adam271)
Mercedes 2545 actros 6x2, 450bhp.
hehe
andrei3000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
McLaren 12C, Porsche 928GTS, and two boring ones.
i be whipping the merc clr aka da plane
Bexjw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
15 plate 2.0L VW Golf TDI.
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Fiesta Ecoboost & Mazda RX8
AH-64 APACHE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Because it's the way things are going, and soon you won't be able to buy petrol cars at all. It's a positive step for the environment, and I'd like to take that step as soon as possible. Plus, I see driving as a means to an end rather than an enjoyable experience like "petrolheads" might.
Soon? BMW said they will never stop producing ICE cars, and the government will never actually ban the sale of them in 2035, especially with the success road campaigners have had recently. Also, any ICE car which gets over 50MPG is more effecient than a Telsa Model 3 long range, and produces less carbon over it's lifetime due to EV Battery production and part shipping, so while EV's are better for the environment than older inefficent cars, even a Modern McLaren produces less waste than the most efficient EV. Also what you consider the "near future" is 15 years away, there is no EV that will last 15 years, so even if the government DID ban the sale of ICE cars in 2035, your car will be decrepid by then, and have a range of 2 meters. There is no point buying an EV yet, it will just be an expensive inconveniece. If you MUST have one, wait until 2030 or 2025 at least when batteries will be better.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AH-64 APACHE)
even if the government DID ban the sale of ICE cars in 2035, your car will be decrepid by then, and have a range of 2 meters.
But you could charge it up instantly with your 5000k a/h £1 pocket charger from UltraHalfords?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads