joonghong
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anyone gotten any offers from GSA yet? I had my interview already for Interior Design and im positive that i didn't get in
abiior
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joonghong)
Has anyone gotten any offers from GSA yet? I had my interview already for Interior Design and im positive that i didn't get in
i’m still waiting for a reply too my interviews were both in february and i don’t think i’ll have gotten in either tbh
joonghong
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by abiior)
i’m still waiting for a reply too my interviews were both in february and i don’t think i’ll have gotten in either tbh
idk about your course but for interior design they said theyll get back to me in two weeks after they've finished interviewing everyone, they might as well reject me now because i could tell they did not like me or my work during the interview
abiior
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joonghong)
idk about your course but for interior design they said theyll get back to me in two weeks after they've finished interviewing everyone, they might as well reject me now because i could tell they did not like me or my work during the interview
mine said about the same said it’d be about mid march so i’m thinking next week/week after they’ll get back, that’s really annoying hopefully it just felt worse than it was cause i have heard some courses have more friendly interviewers than others, tbh i think they liked my work but i just think because i’m straight out of school they won’t want me
lxuisa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi i got an interview yesterday but admissions told me i can't book it for a few days because of the strikes ): i'm really nervous for my interview because gsa is my dream uni, does anyone have any advice or can tell me what type of questions you were asked?
abiior
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lxuisa)
hi i got an interview yesterday but admissions told me i can't book it for a few days because of the strikes ): i'm really nervous for my interview because gsa is my dream uni, does anyone have any advice or can tell me what type of questions you were asked?
hey that’s so annoying about the strikes, gsa is my top choice as well and i was so stressed about my interviews but honestly both mine were so chill and the people were really nice it’s kinda of a chat more than anything they look at your folio, and then they’ll ask you some questions at mine it was why i want to study at gsa in particular, why i want to study the particular course, then they asked me to talk about a couple specific pieces/sheets and then they asked some general chat about like hobbies, do i watch films/read books, they’re really just trying to get to know you and you’re work a bit better. try not to stress too much about even though that’s really hard and also if you’re feeling particularly anxious it’s okay to say that it shows you care about it.
what course is it you’re applying for?
lxuisa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey that’s so annoying about the strikes, gsa is my top choice as well and i was so stressed about my interviews but honestly both mine were so chill and the people were really nice it’s kinda of a chat more than anything they look at your folio, and then they’ll ask you some questions at mine it was why i want to study at gsa in particular, why i want to study the particular course, then they asked me to talk about a couple specific pieces/sheets and then they asked some general chat about like hobbies, do i watch films/read books, they’re really just trying to get to know you and you’re work a bit better. try not to stress too much about even though that’s really hard and also if you’re feeling particularly anxious it’s okay to say that it shows you care about it.
what course is it you’re applying for?
thanks you sm, that's really helpful. i know its a 20 minute long interview so i'm thinking that just gives me more time to mess it up lol. i'll prepare loads but knowing me my nerves will get the best of me. i'm applying for fashion design, what are you applying for?
abiior
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thanks you sm, that's really helpful. i know its a 20 minute long interview so i'm thinking that just gives me more time to mess it up lol. i'll prepare loads but knowing me my nerves will get the best of me. i'm applying for fashion design, what are you applying for?
no problem honestly the 20 mins goes so quickly once youre in there just try your best to be chatty and it'll be fine. nice, im applying to fine art photography (first choice) and product design.
lxuisa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no problem honestly the 20 mins goes so quickly once youre in there just try your best to be chatty and it'll be fine. nice, im applying to fine art photography (first choice) and product design.
thank you, i'll try. i hope you get an offer, especially your first choice
abiior
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thank you, i'll try. i hope you get an offer, especially your first choice
thank you hope you’re interview goes great and you get one too!
borgor
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi, I found this thread and wanted to share my experience. I had my interview for interaction design 2 days ago and I think it went alright. it was a skype interview so I'm not sure if that makes any difference but both of the lecturers didn't even mention my portfolio which surprised me a lot. they asked me why gsa and what do I expect to learn there. then they talked most of the time, answering my questions and talking about the school in general. the entire thing didn't feel like an interview, it was more like a "this is how it's going to be when you get here" type of thing tbh, very chill conversation. but this kind of worries me, I've read a lot of negative experiences and people failing the interview miserably, so it is strange mine was so easy ig? maybe it didn't go as well as I think but they said they see I'm ambitious, enthusiastic and confident so idk maybe they liked me lol I expect to hear back from them in about 3 weeks and I don't quite know how to feel about all of this
Jannifer123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I have an interview for fashion tomorrow!
kwokwise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi all, applied for Product Design (2nd year entry) here.
(I made an account just to share! have been lurking so far) I did my skype interview a couple weeks back on 13 Feb with Paul and Kirsty. It was quite alright, they said they were impressed with the portfolio since it showed quite a wide range of projects (I put in service design, app design, sewing, packaging and some pottery works in there). They mainly asked some questions about why I wanted to come to GSA specifically (I'm a foreign student from Singapore), and asked me to give an example of good design/bad design in my opinion (something I'd touched upon in my personal and portfolio statement), and then they asked me to be taken through one of the projects in my portfolio, so I did a bit of an explanation of that using a portfolio website I had. They did say they'd get back to me in a few weeks, although as now I understand it, interviews are still ongoing so they probably won't be sending any offers until the interviews are over. I'm super anxious and I'm really really banking on GSA now, since my other two choices (UAL and Northumbria) haven't gotten back to me. Does anyone know when the interviews end and when they start sending out offers?
borgor
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by kwokwise)
Hi all, applied for Product Design (2nd year entry) here.
(I made an account just to share! have been lurking so far) I did my skype interview a couple weeks back on 13 Feb with Paul and Kirsty. It was quite alright, they said they were impressed with the portfolio since it showed quite a wide range of projects (I put in service design, app design, sewing, packaging and some pottery works in there). They mainly asked some questions about why I wanted to come to GSA specifically (I'm a foreign student from Singapore), and asked me to give an example of good design/bad design in my opinion (something I'd touched upon in my personal and portfolio statement), and then they asked me to be taken through one of the projects in my portfolio, so I did a bit of an explanation of that using a portfolio website I had. They did say they'd get back to me in a few weeks, although as now I understand it, interviews are still ongoing so they probably won't be sending any offers until the interviews are over. I'm super anxious and I'm really really banking on GSA now, since my other two choices (UAL and Northumbria) haven't gotten back to me. Does anyone know when the interviews end and when they start sending out offers?
I am not sure if interviews for all courses end around the same time, last possible date to choose for me was 18th of march so I'm assuming that's when they will be done interviewing everyone. They told me to expect to hear back from them in a couple of weeks so that sounds about right. Hopefully you'll get your results soon, sounds like it went quite well tho, good luck!
kwokwise
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by borgor)
I am not sure if interviews for all courses end around the same time, last possible date to choose for me was 18th of march so I'm assuming that's when they will be done interviewing everyone. They told me to expect to hear back from them in a couple of weeks so that sounds about right. Hopefully you'll get your results soon, sounds like it went quite well tho, good luck!
Thanks borgor! That does help. I was getting really worried
boobboobboob
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Anyone applying for sculpture? I had my interview nearly a month ago and still no reply...
abiior
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
got an unconditional offer for product design yesterday!!
kwokwise
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Congratulations! When did you do your interview, may I ask? Was it an offer for the BDes in Product Design? Because I gave them a call just now and they said no offers have gone out for that course just yet...
Last edited by kwokwise; 11 months ago
abiior
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
thank you! my interview was the 24th february and yeah its the BDes, my application was for first year. bit strange they've said none have been sent out yet because it was yesterday morning, someone from my school also got an offer for sculpture today so i just assume they're doing them in batches.

(Original post by kwokwise)
Congratulations! When did you do your interview, may I ask? Was it an offer for the BDes in Product Design? Because I gave them a call just now and they said no offers have gone out for that course just yet...
borgor
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Congrats!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (73)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (146)
24.25%
Live streaming events (51)
8.47%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.14%
A uni comparison tool (141)
23.42%
An in-person event when available (136)
22.59%