Jakk_5256
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can someone please mark my answers to a question which is on tropical rainforests and give me a mark, if possible where I went wrong thank you
Question: For a tropical rainforest that you have studied asses the extent to which deforestation benefits the people who lives there?
(9 marks +3 SPAG)

My answer:
To a certain extent deforestation does some benefits to the people who lives in the Amazon rainforest for example using the amazon rainforest resource such as commercial logging to sell and make a living out off, commercial farming, forest are cleared so farmers can grow food and feed themselves and their families. However benefits of deforestation will only go to a point where it would damage the environment and the economic of the county. The amazon rainforest stores about 100 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide and clearing the forest like burning will add more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Rainforest loses around 55 million tons of top soil each year due to soil erosion, without trees not holding the soil together will wash away the nutrients and out of reach of plants affecting the people who lived there, (local people can not grow crops due to a lack of nutrients). Deforestation can destroy the resources that the country depend on such as timber, and reducing the attractiveness of the area to tourism, Meaning less people will visit that once been an place for tourism, this will lead to lose of money within the local people and country. Deforestation will destroy habitats and can lose flora and fauna that the people would depend on.
So in conclusion the process of deforestation will partially benefit the people in the rainforest, however it’s mostly just destroying there own land which does not benefit anyone that lives there and also longer term effects such as a lack of food production and the economic.
Last edited by Jakk_5256; 1 year ago
sister of turtle
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm a Y11 student not a teacher, but here's what I think:
You've got really good statistics and facts linking to the case study and you've got lots of good points for advantages and disadvantages, and a conclusion, but think about developing and explaining some of your points more (eg. You mention destroying natural resources but then move onto tourism without developing the first point). Also it might help to try to reword some of your sentences to try to make it read a bit easier and structure your ideas more.

But it looks a pretty good answer to me :-)
Jakk_5256
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by sister of turtle)
I'm a Y11 student not a teacher, but here's what I think:
You've got really good statistics and facts linking to the case study and you've got lots of good points for advantages and disadvantages, and a conclusion, but think about developing and explaining some of your points more (eg. You mention destroying natural resources but then move onto tourism without developing the first point). Also it might help to try to reword some of your sentences to try to make it read a bit easier and structure your ideas more.

But it looks a pretty good answer to me :-)

Thank youuuu 👍
TheSecretSayer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What exam board is this practise exam question from? You should maybe have a look at the mark-scheme as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.91%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.57%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.75%

Watched Threads