LibDems: Women make up 5% of the prison population and that is too many

Watch
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
"Women make up less than 5% of the prison population but they are more likely than male prisoners to be serving short sentences for non-violent offences.

These women are vulnerable people & should be only sent to prison when absolutely necessary."

https://twitter.com/LibDems/status/1234920226560462848

“Prison is especially damaging for women. My Bill would ensure that women are only sent to prison if they have committed serious crimes or pose a threat to the public.” - Daisy Cooper MP

https://twitter.com/LibDems/status/1234915652995100679
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
"Women make up less than 5% of the prison population but they are more likely than male prisoners to be serving short sentences for non-violent offences.

These women are vulnerable people & should be only sent to prison when absolutely necessary."

https://twitter.com/LibDems/status/1234920226560462848

“Prison is especially damaging for women. My Bill would ensure that women are only sent to prison if they have committed serious crimes or pose a threat to the public.” - Daisy Cooper MP

https://twitter.com/LibDems/status/1234915652995100679
Your point being?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've never really understood our attitude to the number of women in prison compared to other areas where women are under-represented. We make a big fuss when women are underrepresented in all other areas as they deserve equality and yet here we want things to become even more unequal because women are a special case when it comes to going to prison. Perhaps sometimes men deserve to be the special case? (And I say this as a woman)..
AngeryPenguin
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Your point being?
Even the former UK government admits that the UK legal system is mistreating vulnerable people. Can we consider UK prisons to be concentration camps for women?
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
Even the former UK government admits that the UK legal system is mistreating vulnerable people. Can we consider UK prisons to be concentration camps for women?
What is your point for the OP ? You havent made one that makes any sense.
Ragman75
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, those women committed a crime. That has to be the worst take you have ever had im screens hotting this so anytime anyone even for a second thinks you have any credibility I can instantly prove them wrong.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, no you can't.
AngeryPenguin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ragman75)
No, those women committed a crime. That has to be the worst take you have ever had im screens hotting this so anytime anyone even for a second thinks you have any credibility I can instantly prove them wrong.
So these are not concentration camps.
Last edited by AngeryPenguin; 1 year ago
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If these are not concentration camps, perhaps there aren't any in China either.
:facepalm2:
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
You still havent explained the point of your original thread which shows you dont understand what the original tweet was about.

The stuff about concentration camps is laughable and I cant believe TSR allows you to consistently post such drivel.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
2/10.

We could see it coming, it wasn't very imaginative, and it was executed very poorly.

And since you're in bed with the Chinese government, you ought to know more about execution.
the beer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Will you be moving on to holocaust denial next?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
*reports thread*...*fails to see a Stupidity option*
Shucks.
adam271
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why are you giving the OP such stick? This is from the offical Lib Dem twitter account.
If anything critcise the Lib Dems instead of China.

I do not understand the Lib Dems point of view. Are they saying women are vunerable and so should not go to prision?
So much for equality.
adam271
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also I suspect that if a black male commits the same crime as white female he is far more likely to go to prison.
I know this is true in the states but it is probably true here.
Something should be done to protect black males.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by adam271)
Why are you giving the OP such stick?
Because OP is a shameless, unimaginative troll.
AngeryPenguin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
2/10.

We could see it coming, it wasn't very imaginative, and it was executed very poorly.

And since you're in bed with the Chinese government, you ought to know more about execution.
The UK executes its own citizens too - they just do it in countries they have invaded. Drone strikes.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
obvious troll thread to bait people into letting you make your comparison between Chinese camps and UK prisons..
adam271
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Because OP is a shameless, unimaginative troll.
Your the only one trolling.
He has shared quite an interesting link that I wasnt aware of from a reputable source.
I personally did not realise the Lib Dems have such a stupid view on females in prision.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The UK executes its own citizens too - they just do it in countries they have invaded. Drone strikes.
Country kills people in war zones.

Also in the news, water quenches thirst.

Give it up, you're **** at this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (58)
39.73%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
16.44%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (15)
10.27%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (16)
10.96%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (13)
8.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
9.59%

Watched Threads