annamaria19
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I was considering taking English Lang & Lit HL next year in the IB, but now a friend of mine who is a year above me, said that she doesn't recommend it in the HL because it is a very difficult subject. What do you guys think? I want to study politics in university.

My current choices:
Math AI HL
History HL
English Lang & Lit HL/SL
Psychology HL/SL
ESS SL
German B SL
iDiegoP
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Honestly, English Lang and Lit HL is dead easy to get a decent grade (5). But it is almost impossible to get a 7 in the course. So I guess is more up to you. What would you rather? Get an easy 5/6? Or make sure an easy 6/7 in SL?

English Lang and Lit HL is way more manageable than a natural science in HL or a Humanities subject. So if I were you, I would probably choose English HL and Psychology SL. But that is only my humble opinion, do what you want and do what you wish.
annamaria19
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by iDiegoP)
Honestly, English Lang and Lit HL is dead easy to get a decent grade (5). But it is almost impossible to get a 7 in the course. So I guess is more up to you. What would you rather? Get an easy 5/6? Or make sure an easy 6/7 in SL?

English Lang and Lit HL is way more manageable than a natural science in HL or a Humanities subject. So if I were you, I would probably choose English HL and Psychology SL. But that is only my humble opinion, do what you want and do what you wish.
Thank you for the answer I am a pretty ambitious student, so English is one of the subjects I want to get a 7 in. I guess I just have to decide for myself. People do seem to say that although Psychology is difficult, there isn't a very big difference between SL and HL.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (243)
33.75%
No (477)
66.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise