econhelp525
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,

Exams are coming up, with me sitting my A-Levels this year, however I have no clear indication of where I'm working at in Macroeconomics due to our objectively not being able to mark properly. I do AQA Economics, and am predicted an A, but in all of my Macroeconomics essays I do, my teacher always caps it at around 13/25 for no apparent reason. The essays I write are fit in with the markscheme and when I get my Microeconomics teacher to check them (she marks for the exam board) I always get high L4 or L5, compared to what marks my Macroeconomics teacher gives. Like, our teacher basically gives us essay plans to learn for Macroeconomics, and basically he rewards the students who rote learn his essays by giving them high marks, but because I actually do the essays how you're meant to, by making your own chains of analysis and applying it to the extracts, because it's not his way, it seems like he just caps me out of spite or something. Like it's not really fair. And to make things worse, a student who actually did write our teacher's essay plan out in the real 2019 exam got given 16/25, and another student 7/25. They're not good essays nor do examiners actually like them because they drift off topic too much, yet my essays he always gives low marks when I do what you're supposed to do.

To contrast, in Microeconomics, the lowest mark I would get on a 25 marker if it's not very good is 18/25, and my better essays are given 22/25, which are marked by another teacher who's an AQA examiner.

What should I do then, for Macro, because we haven't been taught the course properly with our teacher making quite striking mistakes with the content, completely disregarding when he's challenged on something or a mark, and I don't know really where I'm working at in Macro, unless I ask my Micro teacher. However, I feel a bit bad asking her to look at the work because she said it's like she doesn't want to undermine the other teacher and I don't want to bug her giving her so much.

Sorry for the ramble. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
econhelp525
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
bump??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise