The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry uni question?

Hi, I was wondering if there was a particular ‘quiet’ or healthcare course university accommodation (or one they are typically put in due to placement and respect for much needed sleep 😂). I’ve been offered a place for paramedic science and I’m looking at accommodation.

Also I was wondering what the rules about recording in lectures where? Are they recorded by the uni? If not, is it common for people to record them? And do lecturers have any problem with being recorded? Thanks.
Most lecture rooms have recording equipment in them so most of my lectures are recorded and then uploaded onto Moodle afterwards. It's the lecturers decision though. I'm sure there's a girl in my class who audio records the lectures as she needs the extra support.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by bones-mccoy
Most lecture rooms have recording equipment in them so most of my lectures are recorded and then uploaded onto Moodle afterwards. It's the lecturers decision though. I'm sure there's a girl in my class who audio records the lectures as she needs the extra support.

Thanks, that’s really useful.
Hello Florence H,

Check us out for student accommodation, we are brand new accommodation due to open in September and I am sure that we would have rooms quiet enough for your studies. Our website is www.edencoventry.com

Best wishes,

Sophie
Hi there,

Thanks for your question.
In terms of set accommodation we don't have anything set in terms purely for Health students.
However what you can do is upon booking your accommodation with Coventry University, is make a preference that you would like to share with students who would be studying health courses.
I have attached a link to our accommodation page link below, which will provide much more information on what we can offer, plus FAQs;
https://www.coventry.ac.uk/life-on-campus/accommodation/accommodation-choices/undergraduate-choices/
I hope this helps, but any further questions please do let us know
Danny
Original post by Florence h
Hi, I was wondering if there was a particular ‘quiet’ or healthcare course university accommodation (or one they are typically put in due to placement and respect for much needed sleep 😂). I’ve been offered a place for paramedic science and I’m looking at accommodation.

Also I was wondering what the rules about recording in lectures where? Are they recorded by the uni? If not, is it common for people to record them? And do lecturers have any problem with being recorded? Thanks.

Hi Florence,

If you're looking for quiet accommodation, I suggest you look around Liberty, Apollo Works or Cycle Works - they're all close to uni and relatively quiet. I'd avoid areas where there are nightclubs and take out shops as they can be particularly noisy at night. Particularly, Callice Court and Gosford Gate; both of which are on the same street with a Empire and many takeout shops nearby.

Recordings in lectures is up to the lecturers and different lecturers may have different rules. Generally, most do record depending on the course but some don't (like mine) but can be requested if you ask. No, lecturers don't have an issue with recording unless they forget to turn on the recorder!

Congrats on your offer!

Thank you for your message.

Veronica
BSc Dietetics and Human Nutrition

Quick Reply

Latest