The Student Room Group

Health Concerns Making Me Feel Down

Hey guys,

so around January time I started to get diarrhoea, loose and greasier stools. I also had unexplained blood sometimes and stomach pain.

Spoke to some doctors and GP’s who’ve done simple tests on me such as blood test or stool sample and have said I’m clear on both.

However, some of the doctors I’ve spoke had said my symptoms are concerning. I’ve suffered with this for the past 2 months or so, I’m feeling really anxious and down because I don’t know what I have and haven’t been diagnosed?

I’m only 17, I know it’s unlikely for it to be something serious but the uncertainty, doctors’ words and waiting times have really made me anxious and feel down?

I don’t feel I can do things happily and worry free anymore. Has anyone else had symptoms similar to me? I really hope it’s not serious!
Hey!! My friend has something similar, she is the same age, and turns out she has something called ulcerative colonitus. It's nothing too serious and can be treated with medications so you may have something similar!! Are you having any further tests done?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!! My friend has something similar, she is the same age, and turns out she has something called ulcerative colonitus. It's nothing too serious and can be treated with medications so you may have something similar!! Are you having any further tests done?

Hello & Thanks for your reassuring comment.

I’m going back to the doctors later on in this month for another blood test and a consultation with the doctor again.

All doctors seem to do is do blood test after blood test after blood test. It’s endless blood tests since I’ve been seeing the doctor! 🤔

Quick Reply

Latest