Yazomi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Let’s say you want to apply for either medicine or chemical engineering, do you only write one personal statement for all unis or they’re individualised for each different course because how would you be able to write a personal statement showing that you’re dedicated to medicine as well as chemical engineering?

Or maybe with a less extreme different when you’re applying for med or biomed, how would you have to write the ps for it to be suited for both course
Izabella1122
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Yazomi)
Let’s say you want to apply for either medicine or chemical engineering, do you only write one personal statement for all unis or they’re individualised for each different course because how would you be able to write a personal statement showing that you’re dedicated to medicine as well as chemical engineering?

Or maybe with a less extreme different when you’re applying for med or biomed, how would you have to write the ps for it to be suited for both course
Some universities, like the University of Manchester for example, say that if you have applied for biomedicine with your personal statement being centered around medicine, you can send them another one in if you'd like to. However I think if the degrees are not as extreme in difference, for example medicine and biomedicine, you just write about your personal statment about medicine and can still get accpeted onto the biomed course, one of my friends did this for Bristol uni and got both her medicine and biomed offers.
legallyroyal63
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Just to clarify - you only submit one official personal statement for all courses.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You can't write a decent PS for more than one course choice unless there is A LOT of overlap (e.g. biomed and biochem)
Yazomi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Could I possibly link how I’ve went to a (twilight) tour around GSK which is a company makes drugs and medicine but more focused on STEM or anything else written in my personal statement would be more useful?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Yazomi)
Could I possibly link how I’ve went to a (twilight) tour around GSK which is a company makes drugs and medicine but more focused on STEM or anything else written in my personal statement would be more useful?
Well, what have you learnt from this experience? Remember, work experience (including these tours) is all about reflection and how it made you a better applicant, and how you realise medicine (or the course you're applying to) is the course for you.

Have you read our bank of personal statements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...nal-statements ?
Last edited by ecolier; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads