DGeorge13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cerysw70)
There’s is so much student support! We have student wellbeing services, advice(su), embedded school support teams... the list goes on! There is so much support.

As for OSCEs! First year OSCEs are formative! This means they don’t count to your grade! In second-fourth years you will have OSCEs that count.
Thanks for all the insight - do you know how people tend to find them
cerysw70
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Thanks for all the insight - do you know how people tend to find them
Some people think they’re great, some people hate them. It all depends on the individual.
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cerysw70)
Some people think they’re great, some people hate them. It all depends on the individual.
That’s exactly like how I would have expected it - thanks for clarifying
MedicH20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone know if there is parking at any UEA accommodations?
cerysw70
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MedicH20)
Does anyone know if there is parking at any UEA accommodations?
Parking is not available on campus if you’re living there. It’s very expensive if you were to choose to park there.

If it’s for moving in then yes there is the chance to park around the accommodations to move it.

Parking permits are available for those with limited mobility
Last edited by cerysw70; 2 weeks ago
Krachie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
With the announcement of school closure and the suspension of exams in May/June what are the implication for those with conditional offers?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Krachie)
With the announcement of school closure and the suspension of exams in May/June what are the implication for those with conditional offers?
No one knows. If it's UCAS predicted grades (hopefully not) then it will in effect turn all conditional into unconditional, because most of you would have got AAA predicted anyway to be eligible for an offer.

We will hear more in due course.
LREP98
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you think offers could be removed/revoked? Usually they give out more offers than places as they know people will not meet the required grades on results day and so they compensate for this. But now, if everyone gets their predicted grades, there will be far more people with offers than there are places. How could they address this? I’m a grad and my exams are still going ahead as planned but online lol so just wondering if that could happen?
MedicH20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Spoke to admissions today as I have an unconditional being a graduate.Those with unconditional offers have definite places. But ofcourse as stated by the email, there is an uncertainty with how places will be allocated but a fair system will be in place.
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good luck everyone. UEA is an amazing uni and has always been somewhere I have rated very highly. Today I made the decision to firm and insure some of my other choices so I will be bowing out of this thread now. The emails from UEA today were somewhat reassuring that they are all lovely.
Ccxrx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How many offers too many do you think they have given out?
LREP98
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ccxrx)
How many offers too many do you think they have given out?
These were previous years statistics. I think this year they said at interviews they planned to give 500-550 offers? So depends how many people accept/reject from there and how many places they have this year
Attached files
Alihiii
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MedicH20)
Spoke to admissions today as I have an unconditional being a graduate.Those with unconditional offers have definite places. But ofcourse as stated by the email, there is an uncertainty with how places will be allocated but a fair system will be in place.
I’m a grad too with a conditional offer, will be finishing my degree this summer. My university is teaching online and I should be still receiving a grade, I’m hoping this means my offer won’t be revoked?
Mel242
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LREP98)
These were previous years statistics. I think this year they said at interviews they planned to give 500-550 offers? So depends how many people accept/reject from there and how many places they have this year
These are stats for M100 - Law. Could you find any information about firmed offers for Med?
LREP98
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mel242)
These are stats for M100 - Law. Could you find any information about firmed offers for Med?
Oh right yeah sorry 🤣 I’ll look later
LREP98
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alihiii)
I’m a grad too with a conditional offer, will be finishing my degree this summer. My university is teaching online and I should be still receiving a grade, I’m hoping this means my offer won’t be revoked?
I’m in the exact same position as you aha
Humphrjrw
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sliding doors)
Hey I am also a grad would be keen to look at places in the city! See you guys at the open day?
Hey guys, I'm also a grad that would be happy to live off campus, if you haven't decided already.
xdodox
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Has anyone applied for accomodation already? Struggling to chose one
filip.dudzinski1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I have, i put single ziggurat as my first choice
(Original post by xdodox)
Has anyone applied for accomodation already? Struggling to chose one
katieappleton
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi guys, I’m applying for accommodation having firmed UEA, stuck between on campus and off campus village... any thoughts?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (203)
53%
No, they should still go ahead (53)
13.84%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (127)
33.16%

Watched Threads