Charliemc100
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
This is my first year of college and the course that I am on is something that I am not enjoying and not doing well in. I have been thinking for weeks about dropping out but I do not know what will happen when if I do drop out. Some people have been saying that if I do I can apply for a different college or post 16 when I do or it is either an apprenticeship/full time work.

I need to know what would happen if I did drop out and what my options would be. Please help.
Studentsmannny
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Charliemc100)
This is my first year of college and the course that I am on is something that I am not enjoying and not doing well in. I have been thinking for weeks about dropping out but I do not know what will happen when if I do drop out. Some people have been saying that if I do I can apply for a different college or post 16 when I do or it is either an apprenticeship/full time work.

I need to know what would happen if I did drop out and what my options would be. Please help.
I had the same problem. i changed my subjects but was made to do another year in college
Charliemc100
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Studentsmannny)
I had the same problem. i changed my subjects but was made to do another year in college
So its possible to change my course after the first year. Also do you know that it is possible to change college.
thatcollegegirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Charliemc100)
So its possible to change my course after the first year. Also do you know that it is possible to change college.
It's definitely possible almost all my friends are either doing yr 1 again or are first year this but second year that. As long as you're under 18 when you begin the 2 year course you get it for free and you can 'begin again'. Out of interest, what might you want to take?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (339)
34.66%
No (639)
65.34%

Watched Threads