Gemma.Nicole.
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
General information? Where it can lead to in the future? stress? fun?
yellowbuttercup
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Sociology is probably my favourite subject at the moment. I would definetly reccomend taking it.
However there is a lot of facts, theories and sociologists that you need to learn so it's very demanding in that sense.
But don't let that throw you off, as long as you do the homework/class work you're set and revise what you don't understand when you learn it you'll be fine.
It goes well with Pyschology, Health and Social Care, English and Media. I guess it could help with being a personal trainer, teacher, social worker, therapist/counseller, lawyer and anything to do with media management in a company. There's a lot more jobs but those are just a few. <3
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gemma.Nicole.)
General information? Where it can lead to in the future? stress? fun?
Hey Gemma.Nicole.

I studied Sociology at A-Level, Undergraduate degree level and Master's Level, so I have really enjoyed Sociology.

As yellowbuttercup said, it can be a lot of Sociology's theory and the theorists names. However, what subject doesn't have something like this that may put you off.

When I studied it at A-Level I looked at some of the following things:

The 7 world religions, including cults and sects.
Crime
The family
The Media

When I studied it uni (Undergraduate level), I looked at some of the following things:

Death and dying
War and terrorism
Social divisions (of class, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexuality, dis/ability and age)
Globalisation
Climate Change
Poverty
Austerity
Neo-Liberalism

At Master's Level I looked at some of the following things:

Advanced Social Theory
Advanced Studies in Social Research
Contemporary Inequalities
Political Sociology

I then went on to research and specialize in citizenship and race.

They are just a few examples of things you can study.

In terms of job prospects, you may consider going in to, the health and care sector, social work, police, research, teaching, journalism, local and national government and non-governmental organisations.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Ashley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.84%
Okay (109)
28.99%
A bit lacking (140)
37.23%
Not good at all (90)
23.94%

Watched Threads