The Student Room Group

How to deal with anxiety

I've dealt with anxiety for a few years now but recently it's become alot worse. Intense anxiety attacks happen during school and I usually end up locked in the bathroom to calm down (which doesn't work) or going home.

Recently too I've developed a crush and on days where I share class with her it happens more intense than ever.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do or how I should deal with these anxiety attacks when they happen?
Anxiety is actually so common, i deal with it too on almost a daily basis but i havent had attacks. The way i calm myself is i breath deeply and try to distract myself from thinking about the thing that is causing me anxiety, it helps usually. And just like you, i developed a crush and it got worse specially when i had to speak infront of the class cause he was in my class, but really you have to keep telling yourself that its all okay that he/she is just a person and that everything you overthink about is in your head. Its the discussions you have with yourself that will help calm you down :smile: i hope everything gets better for you, sending you positive energy
Reply 2
Original post by HuggiesLynx
I've dealt with anxiety for a few years now but recently it's become alot worse. Intense anxiety attacks happen during school and I usually end up locked in the bathroom to calm down (which doesn't work) or going home.

Recently too I've developed a crush and on days where I share class with her it happens more intense than ever.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do or how I should deal with these anxiety attacks when they happen?

I try and think what the worst outcome to my problem is and then I think hard wether its all in my head or I genuinely need to worry. if that doesnt work as anon said I do a few breathing exercises.

Quick Reply

Latest