Can you firm and insure unis with the same grade offers?

Watch
Bluerainy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
... conditional offer
SkyRunner61
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You can yes
mathsalevels
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
My first and second choice have the same offer grades
vicvic38
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I mean you can. I don't know why you would, unless you know your insurance will be pretty lenient.
Bluerainy
Rep:
?
(Original post by vicvic38)
I mean you can. I don't know why you would, unless you know your insurance will be pretty lenient.
Wdm by lenient?..
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
There's no point Insuring a distant third choice just because it has a lower offer.

It's fine to F & I the same offer if they're your 1st and 2nd and choice. Places with lower offers are typically in Clearing anyway.
Desideri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I did, because I didn't have any lower offers than the uni I wanted to firm. It's risky though, as if you miss the grades for your firm you'll also have missed the grades for your insurance.
Bluerainy
Rep:
?
(Original post by KittyN)
I did, because I didn't have any lower offers than the uni I wanted to firm. It's risky though, as if you miss the grades for your firm you'll also have missed the grades for your insurance.
True, the risk part is kind of worrying me, but there aren't huge differences between my offers, they are just one grade different, it's either AAA or AAB.
vicvic38
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Bluerainy)
Wdm by lenient?..
Sometimes (ok a fair bit of the time) universities may be willing to let you in, even if you missed the grades by a little bit. I'm not sure how true it is, but I was always told in sixth form that UEA was fairly lenient, and so even if you missed your offer by a grade or two, you'd still be accepted.

It's not something good to rely on, mind you.
Bluerainy
Rep:
?
Sometimes (ok a fair bit of the time) universities may be willing to let you in, even if you missed the grades by a little bit. I'm not sure how true it is, but I was always told in sixth form that UEA was fairly lenient, and so even if you missed your offer by a grade or two, you'd still be accepted.

It's not something good to rely on, mind you.
Ah, my sixth form told me the same thing 😂
But like you said it's too risky so I'm not gonna rely on it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (185)
58.54%
I don't have everything I need (131)
41.46%

Watched Threads