missesdt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Can you use a learner driver insurance as your car insurance for a year ?
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nope. Literally the second you're handed a pass certificate you're not classed as a learner anymore, you're generally not even allowed to drive home. Some insurers may offer some promotional changeover deals or a few days short term cover but generally, no, you can't extend learner insurance.
missesdt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Nope. Literally the second you're handed a pass certificate you're not classed as a learner anymore, you're generally not even allowed to drive home. Some insurers may offer some promotional changeover deals or a few days short term cover but generally, no, you can't extend learner insurance.
My friend haven’t passed yet. She has a car but she will be using it for her driving lessons. Can she use the driver learners insurance until she gets her full license?
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by missesdt)
My friend haven’t passed yet. She has a car but she will be using it for her driving lessons. Can she use the driver learners insurance until she gets her full license?
Assuming the insurer is happy to give learner insurance for a year, yeah that sounds fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed