The Student Room Group

How to go to Uni after dropping out of IB

So my question is, if you did your GCSE and after, you did 1 year of IB Diploma (actually the 2nd try) how would this state be called, high school or collage??
Then, would the IB (when taken the exams), be your high school diploma certificate, which you then go to uni or collage with? or would it be a collage certificate which you could may go to university with???
Also I dropped out of my IB Programm, due to some difficulties with the school, if I want to go to Uni or Collage, can I try to get into just like that or would I need to sit a GED or do my last year IB somewhere or is there any other way???
Most UK Uni's will need either:

- A completed IBDP
- A mixture of AP's/SAT's
- An accepted foundation year

Completing the IB would probably be the easiest route for you as you are at least familiar with the programme and it will give you a widely accepted qualification.
Maybe there's a US college that will take you if you just pay enough.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Most UK Uni's will need either:

- A completed IBDP
- A mixture of AP's/SAT's
- An accepted foundation year

Completing the IB would probably be the easiest route for you as you are at least familiar with the programme and it will give you a widely accepted qualification.

Thank you for your answer, is the Ib considered as Highschool or Collage?
Original post by askaskask0
Thank you for your answer, is the Ib considered as Highschool or Collage?

High school grades are not really used in the U.K. You typically need something external like AP’s, SAT’s or ACT.

The IB is accepted for entry into almost every Uni in the U.K.

‘College’ will mean something slightly different in each country. I’m assuming you mean an undergraduate university course.
Reply 5
Whatever you mean with "collage", please do yourself a favor and get it right....

It's COLLEGE, not Collage!!!

I really do make this remark in the most positive and well intended spirit!!! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending