Flat-earthers

Watch
da_turbanator
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This is a question to any flat-earthers on TSR. What is the main reason for you believing the earth is flat?
perplexed turtle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Standing on the ground and staring straight ahead, I can’t see the curve of the Earth. If our planet were round, surely the buildings in the distance would begin to slant, no?
The government has proved time and time again that it is willing to lie to the public in order to keep us docile and ignorant. Why can’t this be just another ploy by the rich and powerful to keep us oppressed?
Also, The flight patterns in the Southern Hemisphere make no sense! Why aren’t there more direct flights straight from Australia to South America?
The Earth works like the screens of the game Pac-Man, so when one goes over the edge, they automatically get transported to the other side of the screen. This Pac-Man effect is how people can travel from East to West continuously without hitting a wall or going over the edge.
da_turbanator
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by perplexed turtle)
Standing on the ground and staring straight ahead, I can’t see the curve of the Earth. If our planet were round, surely the buildings in the distance would begin to slant, no?
The government has proved time and time again that it is willing to lie to the public in order to keep us docile and ignorant. Why can’t this be just another ploy by the rich and powerful to keep us oppressed?
Also, The flight patterns in the Southern Hemisphere make no sense! Why aren’t there more direct flights straight from Australia to South America?
The Earth works like the screens of the game Pac-Man, so when one goes over the edge, they automatically get transported to the other side of the screen. This Pac-Man effect is how people can travel from East to West continuously without hitting a wall or going over the edge.
Interesting I haven’t heard anyone mention the ‘Pac-man’ effect.
But if everything in our solar system that we can see with telescopes appear to be round why is the earth not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise