SAB10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Struggling with 1st year A -level heart stuff (aqa). Iv learned the steps but I'm getting confused with the questions( like what valves are open at point 'x' on the graph). Could someone give me any advice please?
lyer_in_hellfyre
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SAB10)
Struggling with 1st year A -level heart stuff (aqa). Iv learned the steps but I'm getting confused with the questions( like what valves are open at point 'x' on the graph). Could someone give me any advice please?
What kind of graphs? Is it similar to the attached pic?
Name:  A0DB8990-D3EC-4D84-BA61-3F842D51FA1C.jpg.jpeg
Views: 3
Size:  39.2 KB
SAB10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I think so- these graphs just confuse me😂
lyer_in_hellfyre
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SAB10)
Could ya post eg of the graphs you're referring to? :ta:

As to the above posted graph, initially it does look confusing..but we can decompose it bit by bit...
Theres three labelled curved lines (total area, velocity, blood pressure)

Blood pressure...we know its the highest at aorta, the top...so that blood is pumped to every nook despite the gravity. Hence we can find it higher at large arteries and small arteries compared to venules and veins

Velocity...velocity is comparatively extremely low at capillaries so that max diffusion of oxygen occurs

Total area...compared to others, capillaries is the highest since...guess why?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SAB10)
If the graphs are confusing you, then try looking at it from the other side of the lens. Think about what you'd expect to find given your knowledge of the physiology, and then see if the graph correlates to those expectations. If it doesn't can you see why?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (283)
34.01%
No (549)
65.99%

Watched Threads