The Student Room Group

Will corona virus affect my exams?

So I’m in year 11 and by the looks of it the virus is spreading even faster now in the UK. People are talking about schools closing down. My only concern is if this does happen what about my gcse exams?

I’ve heard we will have to take them in the summer holidays or something. I don’t understand why we would do it in the summer if the corona virus keeps spreading won’t it be worse??

I thought a more logical thing to do would be to give the projected grades from the mocks?

What do u all think?

Volunteer Note: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.
(edited 4 years ago)
I am hugely underpredicted with my mocks as I didn't really try in them.. So I hope they don't come to this or my life is literally over.
It shouldn't and no we don't have to do them in the summer holidays if we do. Check this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6381970
if they do use our mock grades i wouldnt even mind lol we can just chill
Reply 4
Original post by Smoky saif
So I’m in year 11 and by the looks of it the virus is spreading even faster now in the UK. People are talking about schools closing down. My only concern is if this does happen what about my gcse exams?

I’ve heard we will have to take them in the summer holidays or something. I don’t understand why we would do it in the summer if the corona virus keeps spreading won’t it be worse??

I thought a more logical thing to do would be to give the projected grades from the mocks?

What do u all think?

I know exactly what you mean, I'm panicking quite a bit.. and yes I think they're hoping for the worst of the virus to be around May-July :frown:

I hope they use mock/predicted grades and don't postpone exams as no matter what it will affect our start of sixth form/college/apprenticeships since results will obviously take longer to come out.
Original post by RyanC_
I know exactly what you mean, I'm panicking quite a bit.. and yes I think they're hoping for the worst of the virus to be around May-July :frown:

I hope they use mock/predicted grades and don't postpone exams as no matter what it will affect our start of sixth form/college/apprenticeships since results will obviously take longer to come out.

yh same loll
Reply 6
We have online lessons starting from 6th February, until the Easter break.
There is no school in HK since January 22.
My first exam is 6th May (WPH13)
Original post by Smoky saif

What do u all think?

Most likely at the end of this month schools will be closed for a few weeks. This will no doubt impede your ability to get good results. They’d probably reschedule the exams to a later date.

Quick Reply

Latest