The Student Room Group

A level Physics Too hard. Any Revision Tips?

Any revision tips for revising A level physics? Questions are just too hard to understand, especially in Paper 2....
I find that doing loads of practice questions works, since you kind of have to just learn what the mark scheme wants from you and get familiar with what the most common questions are.
Physics and maths tutor is really good for finding questions for specific topics, or just do past papers.
Reply 2
Original post by Hypocritic
I find that doing loads of practice questions works, since you kind of have to just learn what the mark scheme wants from you and get familiar with what the most common questions are.
Physics and maths tutor is really good for finding questions for specific topics, or just do past papers.

Do you mostly revise from doing questions from the old specification past papers?
I mostly do only the current spec papers. Since there's only two years, I tend to revise using physics and maths tutor (which I think is old and new spec questions) and then do the past papers after that so I can see if there's any topics I need to revise again.

What specification are you doing?
Reply 4
Original post by Hypocritic
I mostly do only the current spec papers. Since there's only two years, I tend to revise using physics and maths tutor (which I think is old and new spec questions) and then do the past papers after that so I can see if there's any topics I need to revise again.

What specification are you doing?

I am doing the new specification for AQA.
Reply 5
Original post by JustJCYT
Do you mostly revise from doing questions from the old specification past papers?

They're near-identical, all that changed (at least for AQA) were the practical papers and switching from modular to linear. Content's the same.
Reply 6
Original post by Sinnoh
They're near-identical, all that changed (at least for AQA) were the practical papers and switching from modular to linear. Content's the same.

I started doing unit 1 and 2 past papers last week and found the questions are so much easier than a paper 1 in the new specification. The questions in the new specification just seem hard...

Quick Reply

Latest