The Student Room Group

Spanish GCSE HELP!!!

I just went to parents evening and got my grades back , i am doing fairly good when it comes to terms with maths ,science and english.
But for Spanish i got a grade 2 i dont put much effort in spanish
i dislike spanish but want to get a good grade in it like a 6 but i dont know how to revise ... Any help ??
Original post by Chumter
I just went to parents evening and got my grades back , i am doing fairly good when it comes to terms with maths ,science and english.
i dislike spanish but want to get a good grade in it like a 6 but i dont know how to revise ... Any help ??

Watch movies and read in Spanish. I’d suggest watching 20min of a tv show in Spanish (dubbed is ok) and read something in Spanish for 20-30min every day.
Learn your verb tenses and memorise a few useful phrases that you can just repeat in the exam.
Make sure you use past, present and future in the written exam-examiners love that.
Past papers.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by PolarBear27
Watch movies and read in Spanish. I’d suggest watching 20min of a tv show in Spanish (dubbed is ok) and read something in Spanish for 20-30min every day.
Learn your verb tenses and memorise a few useful phrases that you can just repeat in the exam.
Make sure you use past, present and future in the written exam-examiners love that.
Past papers.

Good luck! :smile:

Should i use the specifaction ?
Original post by Chumter

my brother was who's just doing a levels had the exact same problem, he got a grade 6 in the end just by revising vocab @ http://www.memrise.com.

im not saying you shouldn't do what other people are saying but do this on top of this,
when or if you go on memories just go in ur search bar and pop in the exam board gcse spanish and all the modules should come up, at least they do for aqa
(edited 4 years ago)
Vocab and grammar are the key to getting a good grade. And yes set phrases are life savers as they can give you lots of marks instantly. 'Ojala pudiera' is a phrase i use a lot as it's complex but also versatile. Learn your tenses and use kerboodle to do past listenings. Quizlets have an amazingly useful section called learn which is how ive learnt all my spanish and german vocab. Do past papers and writing practises and ask to get them marked.
Original post by Chumter
Should i use the specifaction ?

Definitely. Just to make sure you cover everything.

Quick Reply

Latest