The Student Room Group

Just experienced of the biggest let downs in my

I just did my unit 1s on December and the results came out yesterday...I was expecting at least C's and above but turns out I got U's...I tried, maybe not tothe fullest but with commitment, I practiced past papers and still ended up getting a shocking C and 2 U's.( IAL EDEXCEL ) it felt like a waste of time, all that time spent just to get a U, so even if I didn't study I would have got the same ****, smh. I mean I understand from ig to alevel is a huge jump but I didn't expect it to be this much of a bummer. My igeez were gud tbh, and my predicted grades were above C's. I even got A's and B's in my mocks without studying. This doesn't make sense. I'm confused, sad, depressed, speech-less. And school is off for four weeks due to covid19 so can't consult my teachers either. P.S my friends didn't do that well either

I am currently aiming for medical or dentistry and now I'm just honestly scared that I can't pursue either of those..and is edexcel always like this,please guys I need your help & comfortable ASAP.
Sorry what is ig. And I was just speaking to my chemistry teacher about how hard the current a level’s are. The issue is some people are over estimating their abilities and because of that it causes them to have unexpected results. (Trust I was one) But I assume this is mocks right??? If so I think you shouldn’t panic but instead use this as an ‘eye opener’ And if it’s not you still have alternative if you strongly want to pursue medicine. But do look at other options to just to have more options.
At the beginning of A level, everyone does worse than they'd like to... it feelds terrible, but it really does get better. The key with it is to assume that you need to revise and do extra research on everything, and then to be pleasantly surprised when it turns out you know something really well :smile: plus, A level is largely about using keywords and exam technique etc, so it's likely that that's where you fell down. Perhaps email your teachers and ask?
Reply 3
Original post by Tenacity Deshad
Sorry what is ig. And I was just speaking to my chemistry teacher about how hard the current a level’s are. The issue is some people are over estimating their abilities and because of that it causes them to have unexpected results. (Trust I was one) But I assume this is mocks right??? If so I think you shouldn’t panic but instead use this as an ‘eye opener’ And if it’s not you still have alternative if you strongly want to pursue medicine. But do look at other options to just to have more options.

We are international students, so we do igcses instead of gcses..the mocks went well even without studying but the actual I failed hard.

Quick Reply

Latest