The Student Room Group

English Lang + Lit GCSE

Now that exams are getting pretty close, I'm getting pretty stressed about English and whether I'm going to get the grade I want from both language and literature.
I got a 5 in my year 10 mocks for language paper 1, a 6 for language paper 2 in November and I'm going to get the results from my english literature paper 1 mock next week which I'll post here when I get them (I do edexcel btw). I am aiming for at least a 7 in both, and I'm starting to doubt whether it's possible at this point, with exams being so close.
If anyone has any tips or advice for ways to increase my grade by exam season itll be greatly appreciated :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
First, don't get too stressed. While its important to revise, burning yourself out will only lower grades in the long run. Second make sure to consult your teachers on what you can do to improve your answers (I didn't do edexcel so i can't give relevant tips to what ur doing). Finally, try to do past papers and ask teachers to mark them if possible. I did 1 a month leading up to my exams and did pretty well in my exams. That's the best advice i can give you, recalling from my experience
Reply 2
Original post by Crimson456
First, don't get too stressed. While its important to revise, burning yourself out will only lower grades in the long run. Second make sure to consult your teachers on what you can do to improve your answers (I didn't do edexcel so i can't give relevant tips to what ur doing). Finally, try to do past papers and ask teachers to mark them if possible. I did 1 a month leading up to my exams and did pretty well in my exams. That's the best advice i can give you, recalling from my experience

okay, thanks alot the advice : ) I definitely need to do a couple past papers so I can at least get some practice in before the exams

Quick Reply

Latest