_lao
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
What would sound better when I’m applying to a sixth form or uni in the future..
Textiles or rs or psychology
As of right now I’m thinking of studying law in the future but things could change.So I don’t know if I should steer a bit in that direction or keep my options really open.
I really enjoy textiles but I don’t know if it will sound great.Never tried psychology before and rs is ok.
Do universities care what you do for gcse or is it just grades...?
-thanks
hilary08
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Universities don’t care as much about subject choices at GCSE more so at A level. Keep your options open if you’re not sure. If you’re looking into doing law RS might be beneficial as it often comes with studying ethics but it doesn’t seem like you enjoy it too much and if you don’t enjoy a subject DONT TAKE IT FOR A LEVEL even if you’re good at it I made that mistake and ended up dropping biology a month into yr12. I’d also say if you’re steering towards law as an option prioritise 1 or 2 of your choices based on that and then keep your 3rd (and 4th if you decide) option(s) open e.g people who do law often do English, history, foreign language or sometimes even science but more so the first three so if you enjoy any of these you may want to consider. Psychology is very content heavy and essay based so be aware of that but people tend to find it interesting. The only problem with textiles is that some law schools do not consider art, photography and dance for example as an a level and I’m afraid textiles might fall under this category so just be aware. If you really want to take textiles I suggest doing it as a 4th A level just in case - if you feel up to doing 4 a levels. And finally also be aware that to do law at most universities you need 9-5 grades in maths, English and sciences
Flooffyk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
From what I remember unis don’t care about GCSEs if you got alright looking Alevels, if it’s an academic course you want maybe try and get decent GCSEs in main areas like math and English. It’s good to keep your options open, but consider if you wanted to do something academic like law they won’t consider a textiles. While I’n textiles they tend to value potential in your work or body of work and like outer interests in subjects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (41)
18.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (85)
38.12%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.24%

Watched Threads