FunnyBubbles144
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm coming up to choose my final gcse options, two of which I am certain of choosing is triple science and health and social care, however I am unsure of my third option. I am considering Geography, buisness, IT or either possibly sociology or history (for my third option).My third initial option was to choose IT however I've heard that "it's a complete waste of time" as you just learn "how to use applications on a computer",although I've heard that it "looks good on your cv", is this true? And is it a waste of time?Moreover, what options (from buisness, geography, IT, Sociology and History) shall I choose? Which one would be most suitable and beneficial for a career in medicine? And lastly are my options difficult and hard to study? Any advice would be helpful, thanks.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by FunnyBubbles144)
I'm coming up to choose my final gcse options, two of which I am certain of choosing is triple science and health and social care, however I am unsure of my third option. I am considering Geography, buisness, IT or either possibly sociology or history (for my third option).My third initial option was to choose IT however I've heard that "it's a complete waste of time" as you just learn "how to use applications on a computer",although I've heard that it "looks good on your cv", is this true? And is it a waste of time?Moreover, what options (from buisness, geography, IT, Sociology and History) shall I choose? Which one would be most suitable and beneficial for a career in medicine? And lastly are my options difficult and hard to study? Any advice would be helpful, thanks.
Doesnt really matter, go for the ones which you have most interest in and can get the best grades in with least effort.
Find out what they are about, who teaches etc. Geo and History are the traditional subjects.

Just get grade A.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zrjh92p

https://www.youthemployment.org.uk/c...questions-ask/
https://www.oxford-royale.com/articl...0-3ea329c4d467
average_human
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I am currently doing both Geo and History at GCSE, and i know it's a personal opinion but i personally prefer history. I find it a lot more interesting and easier. As for IT, it's not a waste of time if you enjoy it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed