Speed enforcement vans- please help

Watch
Ricky6363
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Do they have to be parked in order to record speed ??
Last edited by Ricky6363; 3 weeks ago
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ricky6363)
Do they have to be parked in order to record speed ??
Yes
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Don L Gates)
No, the equipment used in speed enforcement vehicles can be operated while on the move. Advice from the RAC here

Regards
Don L Gates
UK Driving Skills.co.uk
I'd like to see the legislature for that. No idea where the RAC have got their information from but I'm quite certain that's false.
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
I'd like to see the legislature for that. No idea where the RAC have got their information from but I'm quite certain that's false.
They can track your speed, but I'm unsure if they can snapshot it. I'll get back to you on this since the bloke I go to FordFest with actually works in this field in Buckinghamshire (and hilariously, landed himself with 3 points 2 years ago after being clocked by his own colleague). Sent him an FB message now so I'll let you know.
Last edited by nevershear; 3 weeks ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nevershear)
(and hilariously, landed himself with 3 points 2 years ago after being clocked by his own colleague).
Ouch!
nevershear
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Ouch!
In fairness, at least I know that whilst TVP are a lot of things and probably the most obnoxious police force I've ever encountered, least their officers aren't as bent as the met lol.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In fairness, at least I know that whilst TVP are a lot of things and probably the most obnoxious police force I've ever encountered, least their officers aren't as bent as the met lol.
:laugh: 'obnoxious' is exactly the word for Thames Valley. I always feel there's an attitude of 'I could have got into the Met: I just chose not to'. Bit like TSR and Oxbridge rejects.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They can track your speed, but I'm unsure if they can snapshot it. I'll get back to you on this since the bloke I go to FordFest with actually works in this field in Buckinghamshire (and hilariously, landed himself with 3 points 2 years ago after being clocked by his own colleague). Sent him an FB message now so I'll let you know.
Thanks mate!
nevershear
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Thanks mate!
Right boys.

The good news is I have an answer.
The bad news is seems in the last 8 months I spoke to him he's decided to date one of my exes, brutal lad. Still a pal though cos it's a long ago ex

Anyway yeah, they can't do it. they have to be stationary. They can see your speed whilst moving, but it wouldn't have the same level of accuracy. Like if it sees you doing 90 in a 60 then yeah, you're still probably over by quite a bit even if it's overreading, but the inaccuracy of it is enough on it's own to not prosecute you regardless of how much you were actually doing.
Last edited by nevershear; 3 weeks ago
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Right boys.

The good news is I have an answer.
The bad news is seems in the last 8 months I spoke to him he's decided to date one of my exes, brutal lad. Still a pal though cos it's a long ago ex

Anyway yeah, they can't do it. they have to be stationary. They can see your speed whilst moving, but it wouldn't have the same level of accuracy. Like if it sees you doing 90 in a 60 then yeah, you're still probably over by quite a bit even if it's overreading, but the inaccuracy of it is enough on it's own to prosecute you regardless of how much you were actually doing.
Thought as much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (100)
61.35%
No (63)
38.65%

Watched Threads