Just my opinion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
As is usual whenever I buy a piece of tech, I have just ordered an HP laptop and literally one hour later heard online about the brand new Ice Lake CPU technology that's coming out.
I can cancel the laptop as I have a working one (old but working) If you are up on this tech,(I'm not) is it worth my while waiting a bit longer to see what hp or others are doing. I'm not a gamer it will mostly be browsing, office work, some light video and photo editing.
Many thanks
Last edited by Just my opinion; 10 months ago
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The laptop you've ordered will be just as good today as it will be in a month. Ther's always a new technology coming out, Spahire Rapids is the next architecture after Tiger Lake (the successor to Ice Lake), and that's ignoring AMD products entirely.

If you're not doing anyhting very processor intensive then the laptop will be fine. That being said you can cancel the order and order a different one instead, just don't expect a massive difference in performance. As long as it's got an SSD any modern mid to high processor will do anything with need it to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.57%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.69%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (89)
37.55%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.66%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.53%

Watched Threads