The Student Room Group

Found out my girlfriend smokes weed

Just found out my gf smokes weed, her and her friends also took weed for free from some random guy in the street which is a bit weird. Should I say anything to her about it or just leave it.
depends on how you feel about it, if you have an open relationship where you usually are free to communicate and say anything to each other then talking to her about weed, and expressing what you think about her doing weed is perfectly fine..
If it bothers you then talk to her about it.
If it's something that really bothers you then it's better mentioned than not. There are certainly worse drugs she could be doing, though.
Does it bother you or do you just want some for yourself?
Tell her to ideally not get weed from street dealers, very much could be poor quality with a lot of junk in it. Could definitely be damaging to her health.

As long as she is getting it from safe sources, not storing it on your property, and it doesn't impact your relationship, I'd just leave it.

Nowhere near as harmful as alcohol. (then again, not too many are)
Reply 6
Original post by _gcx
Tell her to ideally not get weed from street dealers, very much could be poor quality with a lot of junk in it. Could definitely be damaging to her health.

As long as she is getting it from safe sources, not storing it on your property, and it doesn't impact your relationship, I'd just leave it.

Nowhere near as harmful as alcohol. (then again, not too many are)

It doesn’t really bother me, just the fact that it’s illegal and she’s spending her parents money on it that she is given from them. Also it’s kind of a turn off and unattractive in my opinion
You're both incompatible.
Original post by Anonymous
It doesn’t really bother me, just the fact that it’s illegal and she’s spending her parents money on it that she is given from them. Also it’s kind of a turn off and unattractive in my opinion

Only reason why cigs and alcohol are legal is because they're good for the economy and are so ingrained in society. Legality shouldn't completely define your morality, and as such I personally don't think this should be a dealbreaker but obviously you are entitled to your opinions.

I do understand her scrounging money from her parents for weed being a turn off, though. Particularly if the expectation is that you would eventually pay for it if she can't get the money.
Reply 9
Just found out my gf smokes weed, her and her friends also took weed for free from some random guy in the street which is a bit weird. Should I say anything to her about it or just leave it.

Hello :smile: This completely depends on your thoughts on weed. It isn't the worst drug in the world to be taking but obviously in an ideal world no one would take any drugs. Personally, it concerns me that they have taken drugs from a random man in the street because it could be absolutely anything in there.
SO SO SO important to communicate with your girlfriend, you may be pleasantly surprised after just one conversation.
Original post by _gcx
Only reason why cigs and alcohol are legal is because they're good for the economy and are so ingrained in society. Legality shouldn't completely define your morality, and as such I personally don't think this should be a dealbreaker but obviously you are entitled to your opinions.

I do understand her scrounging money from her parents for weed being a turn off, though. Particularly if the expectation is that you would eventually pay for it if she can't get the money.

Plus she’s 17

Well as an American manager I once worked for used to say: You do drugs, you share.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending