mary388
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey

Basically I’ve not got many friends who are at the age where they have had driving lessons and I won’t be able to learn until October but I’ve got a few questions.

First, how long does it take to get a provisional license?

Also, how much (roughly) did it cost you for lessons? Baring in mind obviously it’ll vary depending on where you live. How many lessons did you need to pass?

Also does anyone know how old you have to be to get a C1 license and again how much that costs etc?

Thank you
originalbiscotti
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If you apply online i think your licence only takes a week, maybe 2 max so long as there isnt any issues.

For context; i live in the west midlands, i went with an independent instructor (so not a school eg Red), and my lessons were £25 an hour, i know some of my friends paid £30/35 an hour with a driving school though. I had started to learn to drive with my mum before i had lessons, so that might have impacted the amount of hours i needed to pass, Id say i had 25 hours with an instructor? but i regularly drove with my mum, so in terms of the amount of hours I cant really say.

I havent got a clue about C1 licences, so hopefully someone else can help
H.J.K
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by mary388)
Hey

Basically I’ve not got many friends who are at the age where they have had driving lessons and I won’t be able to learn until October but I’ve got a few questions.

Also, how much (roughly) did it cost you for lessons? Baring in mind obviously it’ll vary depending on where you live. How many lessons did you need to pass?

Also does anyone know how old you have to be to get a C1 license and again how much that costs etc?

Thank you
My driving lessons are £25 and I asked my driving instructor how many lessons will it take for me to pass and she told me that it all depends on the person as everyone is different as they have different abilities. Tbh it all about practice, the more practice u have the more likely u will learn faster so it all depends on how many lessons u have per week too. If u learn with ur parents it's better, I haven't though. I hope this helped.
Euphoria101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by mary388)
Hey

Thank you
Mine came after a few days, was surprised it was so quick, but I think they normally say you should get it within a few weeks.

My lessons were expensive. I did my lessons a year and a half ago and it was 26 an hour. I had about 15 hours of professional lessons with an instructor and at least 20 with my brother in his car.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (128)
14.68%
I'm not sure (40)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (263)
30.16%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.52%
I'm not a current university student (419)
48.05%

Watched Threads