The Student Room Group

7s, 8s and 9s students

How many hours did you revise and how did you get the grades you wanted?
revise intensely from now onwards....dont burn youself out.
Original post by Anisha23456789

read the textbook-tradition method...ask for help when needed at that time at that moment...dont delay it.
Original post by Anisha23456789

Well my friend and I had a discussion about how long I revise (which is 8 hours on a weekend) and she said that isn’t effective revision instead she said “little and often”. The whole little and often thing doesn’t work for me but is she right? The reason why I revise for long hours but do effective revision in it is because I want to cover as much as possible
Original post by TimotheeLaurie
How many hours did you revise and how did you get the grades you wanted?

specifically for maths:
- do past papers, all the time. I did over 30.

specifically for languages:
- find the syllabus list of vocab and learn it, back to front, both from English to the language, and back again. Memorise answers for speaking exams.
Original post by DoNotMove
specifically for maths:

- find the syllabus list of vocab and learn it, back to front, both from English to the language, and back again. Memorise answers for speaking exams.

Thanks for the help! Did you get 8s and 9s? :smile:
Original post by DoNotMove
specifically for maths:

what did u get in maths. and also can you remember the grade you were at before doing the past papers
Original post by Ibrahim_m786
what did u get in maths. and also can you remember the grade you were at before doing the past papers

I got an A*, 97% so definitely a 9. I used to be barely scraping an A*, so an 8 but I got to the point where I was finishing papers in half the time given and getting 95-100%
Original post by TimotheeLaurie
Thanks for the help! Did you get 8s and 9s? :smile:

I got A* for maths, further maths and mandarin and A (which is the highest grade you can get for it) for additional maths. Got over 90% in all so definitely would translate to a 9.
Reply 9
First work out what your weakness is. Is it exam technique or is it knowledge. Definitely do past papers.
In maths and the 3 sciences,I revised for around 1 week (3 hours a day) at the end of year 10.Now I’m able to easily secure grade 9s in those subjects with minimal/no revision especially in maths as I average 78 marks per paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending