I was sexually assaulted by my ex-boyfriend and I don’t know what to do

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’m feeling so confused and strange. Sometimes I feel fine about and then I breakdown, cry and feel so alone.

It was only on Tuesday morning (3 days ago) that my ex-boyfriend, knowing I was under the influence of alcohol, kept on begging and begging me to perform oral sex, despite me saying no and that I was drunk and I don’t know what’s going on.

I feel terrible because eventually I agreed to do it even though I didn’t want to. He just kept begging me to do it and pushed my head closer. I’m so confused, was this sexual assault?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yes because you were drunk and protested. Was he also drunk?
username13232
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
yes it was as you were drunk
you should tell the police
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
yes it was assault, you were under the influence and he managed to have taken advantage of your state and so begged you, if he just begged you it would have just been harassment if he actually pushed your head down, or if he you know... shoved his doodah down your throat, then yes that is assault. The best thing to do is contact the police, but that's your choice. I'm sorry you're feeling this way
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bio 7)
Yes because you were drunk and protested. Was he also drunk?
He had drank earlier but by the time this happened I know for a fact he was absolutely sober
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He had drank earlier but by the time this happened I know for a fact he was absolutely sober
Then there shouldn't be any mitigating factors, it was sexual assault.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bio 7)
Then there shouldn't be any mitigating factors, it was sexual assault.
Thank you for your response. I am currently speaking with staff from my uni about the situation but I don't know if I am overreacting and this is confusing me. Because although he kept pushing my head closer, it wasn't violent or with force, they were nudges closer to it and eventually I gave in and did it. So it's not like he forced it into my mouth, I did it, so is it really an assault??

He lives in the same block as I do at uni and they are saying that he can be moved but is this just an overreaction on my part?
Bruinsgirl40
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You need to go to the police, your boyfriend should know that no means no.
Bruinsgirl40
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Thank you for your response. I am currently speaking with staff from my uni about the situation but I don't know if I am overreacting and this is confusing me. Because although he kept pushing my head closer, it wasn't violent or with force, they were nudges closer to it and eventually I gave in and did it. So it's not like he forced it into my mouth, I did it, so is it really an assault??

He lives in the same block as I do at uni and they are saying that he can be moved but is this just an overreaction on my part?
It doesn't matter if he was gently nudging your head, you told him you didn't want to and he still begged you and pushed you closer until you did. You are not overreacting and please take this further.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago

It's pushy behaviour, literally, ignoring your decline just because he wants something. You said you gave in after he kept doing it while you were drunk.

It doesn't need to be violent, from your description that's what it was. Take it as far as you're comfortable with, that's what matters.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads