Watch
Treetop321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You dont give any answers.
You talk about measures but dont say what they are.
You talk about closing down schools, but you cant say for how long.
You are asked about exams and you ignore.
You claim about other countries and then dont give examples.

Your petition
We would like the government to at least consider closing schools/colleges down in the coming weeks or as soon as possible, in addition to taking necessary actions to prevent further spread. [They are already considering it and if they deem it will help and the pros outweigh the cons, then they will do so. They already have a four point action plan aimed at containment, slowing, providing public advice on how to protect yourself, and finding a vaccine]

We would like the Government or Parliament to enforce this action due to the growing fear among parents and students that attend school. [ You havent told us to what end or for how long and what will happen about exams? ] The ability to focus or concentrate is affected in addition to the growing fears of the Corona-virus. [ Because students will go home and work instead of being on snapshot, play station or going out due to cancellation of exams] In our view, the government and health officials around the world are more 'reactive' rather than 'proactive'. [ Name the countries who have more effective policies? You have said there are so tell us which ones] This will result in more spread as time is given for the virus to do so. We hope to come to an agreement as soon as possible in a timely manner. [You are under the delusion you have bargaining power, will you be walking out and skipping exams, then?].
This is why TSR is an annoying place. You feel like you are hounded even if you have given answers which apparently aren't good enough. Just say you disagree and move on and stop hounding me.

This petition also isn't mine.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Treetop321)
This is why TSR is an annoying place. You feel like you are hounded even if you have given answers which apparently aren't good enough. Just say you disagree and move on and stop hounding me.

This petition also isn't mine.
Your the one making the claims.

curiousperson123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What would happen if schools do close during exam time?
Apparently, if in the worst-case scenario, schools would close for two months. Exams are in two months... would they cancel the exams or reschedule it during the summer or in September :/
they've closed all schools and colleges in italy
Last edited by curiousperson123; 4 weeks ago
Treetop321
Rep:
?
(Original post by curiousperson123)
What would happen if schools do close during exam time?
Apparently, if in the worst-case scenario, schools would close for two months. Exams are in two months... would they cancel the exams or reschedule it during the summer or in September :/
We don't know. Whatever happens, it won't be a simple fix.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
any excuse to get some days off school
Treetop321
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rock Fan)
any excuse to get some days off school
Yes, protecting those at risk of death from a disease is really just any old excuse to get some days off school.
ebube172002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by watershower)
No way. Closing schools is the last resort, and plus our age group is one of the most likely to recover. Exams are in 2 months, I’m not trying to get my predictions, all you guys want to do is not go school but you’ve put the blame on the coronavirus. Such myopic thinking - what will happen once school opens? All the schools closed around the world due to the coronavirus are going to have a changed schedule and everything postponed or even cancelled. I couldn’t think of anything worse!
if you had good predictions then you wouldn't care as well lol
curiousperson123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...-schools-told/

URL:

Idk if this is a reliable source but I found it online.
watershower
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ebube172002)
if you had good predictions then you wouldn't care as well lol
no, even if i was predicted three a*s i would think the same because i hate when things are out of order. and that’s even assuming they will give us predictions. imagine being off for two months to ‘prevent the virus’ and only to come back to sit exams. everyone would flop because no one would revise
it’s not at that level yet to be closing schools :/
Treetop321
Rep:
?
no, even if i was predicted three a*s i would think the same because i hate when things are out of order. and that’s even assuming they will give us predictions. imagine being off for two months to ‘prevent the virus’ and only to come back to sit exams. everyone would flop because no one would revise
it’s not at that level yet to be closing schools :/
So we have to wait for it to already be widespread before we close schools? Where's the logic in that?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Already at 700 signatures!
700 < 66 million or so.

I don't know as I'm not in charge, but many of the countries have done a lot more with fewer cases than we have.
Then why suggest a move if you dont understand the reasoning behind it?[/quote]
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
700 < 66 million or so.

Then why suggest a move if you dont understand the reasoning behind it?
A lot of the people are not very bright bit like the media
Ja78975-Junaid
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it has gone over 300,00 signatures 😮😮😮
imlikeahermit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
While I don’t agree that schools need closed yet, I don’t think the decision will have been made by Boris for any other reason than his massive ego. Every other country shutting down, he wants to stick his chest out and show who’s boss. It’s pure stupidity. The mans an idiot.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No way. Closing schools is the last resort, and plus our age group is one of the most likely to recover. Exams are in 2 months, I’m not trying to get my predictions, all you guys want to do is not go school but you’ve put the blame on the coronavirus. Such myopic thinking - what will happen once school opens? All the schools closed around the world due to the coronavirus are going to have a changed schedule and everything postponed or even cancelled. I couldn’t think of anything worse!
I agree that closing schools at this point is unnecessary.

However, saying that your age group is the "most likely to recover" is missing the point. It doesn't matter if you get it. It matters if you then pass it to your nan, who then goes to bingo and passes it onto 300 over 80s, and THEY have a high chance of death because of it. To want to carry on as normal just because YOU would be okay is incredibly selfish.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ja78975-Junaid)
it has gone over 300,00 signatures 😮😮😮
300,000 lazy people who want extra time off school
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Mod Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS and UK Government web-pages.

I think this is very important to do. The government doesn't seem to be doing anything and seems to want to wait for the spread of coronavirus to become extremely widespread before doing anything significant. People are at risk and there is very little which is being done at the moment.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300403
Some UK unis are closed lol and schools in good proportion of other European countries (France, Poland, Italy, Romania, Ireland etc)
Treetop321
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
300,000 lazy people who want extra time off school
Or maybe they care about the health of other people?
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Or maybe they care about the health of other people?
If we locked down the country now it will only resurface the virus once we come out of a lockdown, we haven't got anywhere near as many cases over here compared to a lot of other countries.
Lelux
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If we locked down the country now it will only resurface the virus once we come out of a lockdown, we haven't got anywhere near as many cases over here compared to a lot of other countries.
Bare in mind romania closed down all schools with just 15 cases. Why lockdown the country ? Haha. Because we don’t want a further spread? The closer we get to summer the more space the nhs has to treat people and the more time we have to find a vaccine to cure the victims. Don’t lockdown the country? NHS is going to collapse. The economy is going to collapse long term and a vaccine is needed for even more people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (279)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.94%
Isolating with family (126)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.37%
Loneliness (175)
9.83%
Financial worries (72)
4.04%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (163)
9.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.08%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.88%

Watched Threads