Chumter
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
mechanical or robotics engineering ??
for my a levels im choosing *Physics a level , Maths A level and i dont know the third one , i want to do computer science a level but havent learnt it in gcse , what should i pick for the third a level and would these get me to do engineering in university?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You can do computer science A-level without having done the GCSE. However further maths may be of more help with engineering.
However maths and physics (+ one more) is all you need for either of those courses.
Chumter
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
You can do computer science A-level without having done the GCSE. However further maths may be of more help with engineering.
However maths and physics (+ one more) is all you need for either of those courses.
would i find computer science a level difficult ?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Chumter)
would i find computer science a level difficult ?
Depends how much the course follows on from the GCSE. I think computer science A-level was introduced before the GCSE though.
I know only one person who took the A-level without having done the GCSE, and he got the only A* in that year so who knows. If you find it difficult it probably won't be because you didn't do GCSE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (188)
57.85%
I don't have everything I need (137)
42.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed