How student accommodation finance works.....

Watch
Marky8703
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi giuys just wondering if anyone could give me some quick facts, I'm sure I could find it all out eventually but there seems to be a ton to read through.

I'm going to Glasgow uni, am Scottish and will be a mature student when I begin my course in September.

Just wondering if and how any funding towards student accommodation works?

Does it have to be in student halls, or can it be through a private landlord?

Does it even exist?

Does it just get added on the the student loan/bursary?

Thanks in advance.
Lizzillo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your grants and loans are yours to spend how you wish.

So if you get £5000 loan, you can spend it on a car, textbooks, a dorm room or a private house.

You get no extra, it's all built in the loan and grant amount you get.

The only grant I get that has to be spent in a certain place is my Childcare Grant, where the nursery has to confirm I have paid them.

Probably the same for Scotland, but the amount of loans and grants you get is based on your household income. So there's nothing for specific for rent. It's all just student loan/grant and you spend it how you wish. Of you blow it, that's your choice. So accommodation wise, pick whichever you prefer and can afford with the money SF is giving you. Most students end up working a part time job to make ends meet.
Marky8703
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (226)
33.78%
No (443)
66.22%

Watched Threads