MPinto0105
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
As an international student, before starting a course I have to do a Foundation year. But can I apply for a career with a foundation year via UCAS? That would be accepted as my foundation year?
Nut tree
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You do not have to do a foundation year just because you are an international student. It depends on your qualifications. Many universities push students into doing a foundation year if they are unsure if your qualifications are adapted to the course. The university gets an extra year's fees too. . It is up to you what you apply for. What do you mean by can I apply for a CAREER??? with a foundation year... UCAS enables you to apply for a university course.
MPinto0105
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I was wrong. I mean apply for a course with foundation year. I have researched and it shows up that as I don't have an international baccalaureate, I have to do a foundation year before entering the course or that's what I understood. by the way, thanks for your answer.
Nut tree
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If you have an equivalent qualification, you do not have to do a foundation year. I know somebody who applied to do a BSc (without foundation). They were not living in England and so were sent an offer of a degree with foundation (which is an extra year with an extra year's fees). They wrote back saying that they did not want to do a foundation year given that they had already studied the relevant subject. Next they had to send details of what they had studied. It took time but in the end they got onto a BSc without foundation. They are now doing as well as most people on the course.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by MPinto0105)
I was wrong. I mean apply for a course with foundation year. I have researched and it shows up that as I don't have an international baccalaureate, I have to do a foundation year before entering the course or that's what I understood. by the way, thanks for your answer.
Have you contacted any unis you are interested in to ask if you need to do a course with a foundation year? If they say Yes then you do need to and can apply for them via UCAS in the normal way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (302)
55.62%
I don't have everything I need (241)
44.38%

Watched Threads