The Student Room Group

Will a-level art be difficult if I didn't do it at gcse ?

I didn't do art at gcse but I really want to do it at a-level, I can paint and draw I mean I'm not amazing but I can. I consider myself as quite a creative person!
a level art is a time consuming and difficult subject regardless of whether you took it at gcse. if you have a genuine interest in the subject and are willing to dedicate a lot of time to it (it's needed!!) then you'll probably be okay. i wouldn't recommend taking art just for the sake of it.
Reply 2
Original post by entertainmyfaith
a level art is a time consuming and difficult subject regardless of whether you took it at gcse. if you have a genuine interest in the subject and are willing to dedicate a lot of time to it (it's needed!!) then you'll probably be okay. i wouldn't recommend taking art just for the sake of it.

Thank you, I really enjoy it so I probably will take it but I'm still deciding:smile:
I think it's more skill and dedication than cumulative knowledge (like you'd need for maths or science for example), so if you really want to do it, I'm sure you can :smile:.
Reply 4
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I think it's more skill and dedication than cumulative knowledge (like you'd need for maths or science for example), so if you really want to do it, I'm sure you can :smile:.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending