Issues with Motivation

Watch
username5202226
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So a while ago I lost a lot of drive for some reason and over the last few years I find it difficult to do anything without having a motivation. I feel like there must be something wrong with me. It usually is for things requiring effort including studying or getting out of bed but it's like I need a motivating reason to do the action before I can actually do it. Its really strange - like i'll just roll around in bed and think of a reason motivating enough to get up and then finally get up. I wouldn't say I have any depression or sadness. Before this change in me happened I would just study because it needed to be done without thinking of the why. But now when it comes to difficult things like studying or gym I just can't get round to it without having a powerful enough motivation. How does everyone else cope as I really don't want to think like this anymore? Can you suggest any solution?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by student202020)
So a while ago I lost a lot of drive for some reason and over the last few years I find it difficult to do anything without having a motivation. I feel like there must be something wrong with me. It usually is for things requiring effort including studying or getting out of bed but it's like I need a motivating reason to do the action before I can actually do it. Its really strange - like i'll just roll around in bed and think of a reason motivating enough to get up and then finally get up. I wouldn't say I have any depression or sadness. Before this change in me happened I would just study because it needed to be done without thinking of the why. But now when it comes to difficult things like studying or gym I just can't get round to it without having a powerful enough motivation. How does everyone else cope as I really don't want to think like this anymore? Can you suggest any solution?
Heres a self test
https://depression.org.nz/is-it-depr...ety/self-test/

If it was depression then you can go and see the GP. Could just be mild depression?

Maybe you just need some targets and reasons to inspire you and explain why you need to do things and the benefits of doing them?
Maybe you have lost interest or lack confidence or are just bored? Maybe you just lack a life plan or need a change?
https://www.westlondon.nhs.uk/patien...of-depression/

Maybe make some changes to give you more things to look forward to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (293)
55.7%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.3%

Watched Threads