Am I going to hell?

Watch
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Ok there’s no definitive answer to this and there’s just perspectives and ideas.. I am a sinful human being i swear, hurt people etc... I do good deeds at times but what I’m worried is that my dad killed people back in the army I know that this are his sins but I’m his child and therefore I’ve inherited some of the guilt and flaws from my father and ancestors.. I haven’t personally killed someone but that stream of blood is definitely being passed on to me .. my dad implored that I become a doctor to save people but I’m wondering if it’s futile.. nobody can determine the severity of a sin (it’s up to G-d)but I keep thinking that I am bound to end up in hell.. people buy lots of things like phones, cars and cosmetics but there’s countless of slaves in third world countries that make these things.. sometimes they’re not slaves but employers in a factory.. what I’m trying to say is that these people died indirectly because of me.. or at least I’ve harmed them emotionally buy buying materialistic goods .. sure some are alive but there’s lots of people that died out of starvation or from abuse in a factory or in a other workplace.. what good is my existence .. i am too a slave of fate or society.. how do I get forgiveness from G-d if all I have is blood in my hands..? (Sorry if this didn’t make sense I’m grateful that you even read this far .. thank you so much)
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 🦁Road to A** 🦁)
Ok there’s no definitive answer to this and there’s just perspectives and ideas.. I am a sinful human being i swear, hurt people etc... I do good deeds at times but what I’m worried is that my dad killed people back in the army I know that this are his sins but I’m his child and therefore I’ve inherited some of the guilt and flaws from my father and ancestors.. I haven’t personally killed someone but that stream of blood is definitely being passed on to me .. my dad implored that I become a doctor to save people but I’m wondering if it’s futile.. nobody can determine the severity of a sin (it’s up to G-d)but I keep thinking that I am bound to end up in hell.. people buy lots of things like phones, cars and cosmetics but there’s countless of slaves in third world countries that make these things.. sometimes they’re not slaves but employers in a factory.. what I’m trying to say is that these people died indirectly because of me.. or at least I’ve harmed them emotionally buy buying materialistic goods .. sure some are alive but there’s lots of people that died out of starvation or from abuse in a factory or in a other workplace.. what good is my existence .. i am too a slave of fate or society.. how do I get forgiveness from G-d if all I have is blood in my hands..? (Sorry if this didn’t make sense I’m grateful that you even read this far .. thank you so much)
there's no hell.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You sound all mixed up .....why should you inherit the sins of your father or become a doctor in a futile effort to repay his sins? Don't worry about repaying anyone else's sins just worry about your own morals and behaviour. I believe we are all responsible for our own behaviour and happiness in life, not for anyone else's and there is literally no point taking all the guilt of the world on your shoulders.
Eevie_Anastasia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well everyone sins! BUT: If you believe in God, then He will forgive ALL of yours sins, no matter how bad. If you don't pray to God, yes.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think you are overthinking this, massively. If your father was in the army, I am afraid it is part and parcel of his job to kill others. It's not as if he went out of the house and deliberately looked for someone else to kill, did he? And you are also responsible for the sins of your ancestors? Whhhhhy?

I believe you and you alone are responsible for your life and the way you treat others. You say you swear, well everyone does. You say you hurt people, well everyone does, whether intentionally or unintentionally. I am sure I probably hurt people on TSR when I tell them what they do not want to hear, but I carry on because there are many people I do help.

Please do not think everything you do is futile. You may do an act of kindness today and think nothing of it, but to the other person it is very important and they are grateful (but they may not tell you). And yes, everyone buys stuff and some of it may have been made by poorly paid employees - but I am afraid that is down to the greed of employers, not you.

Now get a grip and take control of your life. You are not a slave to fate or anything else. If you are feeling guilty, look for opportunities to help others. Make someone laugh. Use your life experience to guide others if you can. Maybe do some charity work, perhaps?

Certainly do not become a doctor to assuage the guilt of your ancestors' sins. Imagine putting that on your personal statement! The interviewers will have seen many different reasons why people want to be doctors, but that is a new one, even for them! Being a doctor involves a lifetime of hard work, often you feel for little thanks, it's tiring, stressful, and only for the truly dedicated. Become a doctor if you wish but because YOU want to, not because others tell you you should.

You make out that God is a vengeful, rather scary person. Yes, I believe in God, but someone once said they imagined him as a fun guy you could take to a pub and enjoy a pint with. Now that is really hitting the nail on the head for me!

If God is a loving being (and I think he is) he will judge people on whether they mean well or not. And you really do mean well, don't you? Your compassion for others leaps off the page.

So don't be afraid for the future. This is the first day of the rest of your life, so go out there with a smile on your face, and make the very best of your life xx
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
I think you are overthinking this, massively. If your father was in the army, I am afraid it is part and parcel of his job to kill others. It's not as if he went out of the house and deliberately looked for someone else to kill, did he? And you are also responsible for the sins of your ancestors? Whhhhhy?

I believe you and you alone are responsible for your life and the way you treat others. You say you swear, well everyone does. You say you hurt people, well everyone does, whether intentionally or unintentionally. I am sure I probably hurt people on TSR when I tell them what they do not want to hear, but I carry on because there are many people I do help.

Please do not think everything you do is futile. You may do an act of kindness today and think nothing of it, but to the other person it is very important and they are grateful (but they may not tell you). And yes, everyone buys stuff and some of it may have been made by poorly paid employees - but I am afraid that is down to the greed of employers, not you.

Now get a grip and take control of your life. You are not a slave to fate or anything else. If you are feeling guilty, look for opportunities to help others. Make someone laugh. Use your life experience to guide others if you can. Maybe do some charity work, perhaps?

Certainly do not become a doctor to assuage the guilt of your ancestors' sins. Imagine putting that on your personal statement! The interviewers will have seen many different reasons why people want to be doctors, but that is a new one, even for them! Being a doctor involves a lifetime of hard work, often you feel for little thanks, it's tiring, stressful, and only for the truly dedicated. Become a doctor if you wish but because YOU want to, not because others tell you you should.

You make out that God is a vengeful, rather scary person. Yes, I believe in God, but someone once said they imagined him as a fun guy you could take to a pub and enjoy a pint with. Now that is really hitting the nail on the head for me!

If God is a loving being (and I think he is) he will judge people on whether they mean well or not. And you really do mean well, don't you? Your compassion for others leaps off the page.

So don't be afraid for the future. This is the first day of the rest of your life, so go out there with a smile on your face, and make the very best of your life xx
Thanks I guess
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have a horrible feeling that a lot of people are wasting a huge amount of their lives worrying about this, when the most likely thing that happens after death is .. nothing.

Religion was made in a time where we had no better ways to understand what happened in the world. Now, we do, yet for some reason the craziness that is organised religion still holds strong.
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
I have a horrible feeling that a lot of people are wasting a huge amount of their lives worrying about this, when the most likely thing that happens after death is .. nothing.

Religion was made in a time where we had no better ways to understand what happened in the world. Now, we do, yet for some reason the craziness that is organised religion still holds strong.
In the slight chance that there’s an afterlife.. what would you say then ?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
If there is a capital-G God out there, chances are no humans will end up in their heaven. Monotheistic Gods are rarely benevolent.

If your God is telling you that you will suffer for the sins of your father, it seems that your final destination is predetermined. With this new knowledge, go forth and indulge in hedonistic desires!
Splendidsword
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your dad being part of the army and killing people isn't necessarily a sin. The Catholic Church and other Christian denominations believe that being a part of the army is the defense of innocent life at the expense of guilty life. He's just defending his home. And anyway, you can't inherit sin.
Splendidsword
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Religion can be used as motivation to persevere, or strive to be better people. Sometimes, people need the idea of an all-powerful God to hold people in check. The world would be worse if we weren't all restrained. And before you say that it was possible to do that without religion, remember that you are a part of a society founded by religious people and the ethics of that religion have influenced the law, people's mindsets, and, by extension, your version of good and evil.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago

I don't want to start a 'does God exist?' debate here but what makes you think we now know how the world was created with objective evidence ? The last time I heard the big bang theory was our best explanation for the beginning of the universe and that does not disprove deism nor theism. If anything it supports it.
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Rep:
?
(Original post by Splendidsword)
Your dad being part of the army and killing people isn't necessarily a sin. The Catholic Church and other Christian denominations believe that being a part of the army is the defense of innocent life at the expense of guilty life. He's just defending his home. And anyway, you can't inherit sin.
(Sorry if I sound mean and nasty) Murder is murder... I’m catholic but I believe in the bible more than the catholic church as it’s the words of God expressed in a book plus there’s some themes that I’m against with the catholic church (they’re a bit offensive so I won’t talk about it as it makes me uncomfortable).I respect your perspectives but in my opinion the sin was made from my father and I am born because of my father .. I may have not caused the sin but I still have the connection with my father.. when someone gives birth the child attains both the positive and negative aspects of a parent.. sure this could be a stupid reason but I believe that I’m the only person that can help my dad because we’re family.. families share everything including guilt.. once you kill someone then nature itself will be in pursuit until you pay back what you took from the world.. see Leviticus 24:17,21); "You shall not take redemption for the life of a murderer...; and there shall be no atonement for the blood that was spilled... when it says atonement it doesn’t say that the offspring are purged from it.. so I could very well be affected..I’m not going to lie I’m scared and yes I could be overthinking everything but there’s still a possibility.. there’s no definitive answer..
Last edited by 🦁Road to A** 🦁; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
there's no hell.
You ever been to King's College London?
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
You ever been to King's College London?
You’ve ever tried to do bio chem and physics A-level plus maths against your will?
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
Read the bible. You can kill all you want, and you'll still end up in heaven if you believed in god
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
You’ve ever tried to do bio chem and physics A-level plus maths against your will?
You ever did all 4 and end up going to King's College London?
Anonymous #5
Report 3 weeks ago
Read the bible. You can kill all you want, and you'll still end up in heaven if you believed in god
Wait I can suicide and end up in heaven?!
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Rep:
?
You ever did all 4 and end up going to King's College London?
Forgive me
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
Wait I can suicide and end up in heaven?!
Yup as long as you utter "god forgive my sins" as you take your last breath
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads