Am I going to hell?

Watch
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Splendidsword)
Religion can be used as motivation to persevere, or strive to be better people. Sometimes, people need the idea of an all-powerful God to hold people in check. The world would be worse if we weren't all restrained. And before you say that it was possible to do that without religion, remember that you are a part of a society founded by religious people and the ethics of that religion have influenced the law, people's mindsets, and, by extension, your version of good and evil.
Thanks
fanofeverything
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 🦁Road to A** 🦁)
Ok there’s no definitive answer to this and there’s just perspectives and ideas.. I am a sinful human being i swear, hurt people etc... I do good deeds at times but what I’m worried is that my dad killed people back in the army I know that this are his sins but I’m his child and therefore I’ve inherited some of the guilt and flaws from my father and ancestors.. I haven’t personally killed someone but that stream of blood is definitely being passed on to me .. my dad implored that I become a doctor to save people but I’m wondering if it’s futile.. nobody can determine the severity of a sin (it’s up to G-d)but I keep thinking that I am bound to end up in hell.. people buy lots of things like phones, cars and cosmetics but there’s countless of slaves in third world countries that make these things.. sometimes they’re not slaves but employers in a factory.. what I’m trying to say is that these people died indirectly because of me.. or at least I’ve harmed them emotionally buy buying materialistic goods .. sure some are alive but there’s lots of people that died out of starvation or from abuse in a factory or in a other workplace.. what good is my existence .. i am too a slave of fate or society.. how do I get forgiveness from G-d if all I have is blood in my hands..? (Sorry if this didn’t make sense I’m grateful that you even read this far .. thank you so much)
I think that you should watch this video. https://youtu.be/KBF0NJ1EPXk

also, the only way you can get to heaven is by following Christ and giving your everything to him. You will need to become baptised and walk into his footsteps. I truly hope this helps, God bless.
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
If there is a capital-G God out there, chances are no humans will end up in their heaven. Monotheistic Gods are rarely benevolent.

If your God is telling you that you will suffer for the sins of your father, it seems that your final destination is predetermined. With this new knowledge, go forth and indulge in hedonistic desires!
I’m a masochist and sadistic..no hedonism any time till my death ..yes irony but thanks regardless
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Rep:
?
(Original post by fanofeverything)
I think that you should watch this video. https://youtu.be/KBF0NJ1EPXk

also, the only way you can get to heaven is by following Christ and giving your everything to him. You will need to become baptised and walk into his footsteps. I truly hope this helps, God bless.
I have to be baptised again? Ehhh oki
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The catholic church preaches salvation by faith and works.
Don't worry about hell and eternal damnation.
Remember Christ's message of forgiveness.
There's also repentance, confession, purgatory and the last rites- the last three really appeal to the traditionalists of the church.
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
The catholic church preaches salvation by faith and works.
Don't worry about hell and eternal damnation.
Remember Christ's message of forgiveness.
There's also repentance, confession, purgatory and the last rites- the last three really appeal to the traditionalists of the church.
Oki
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In the slight chance that there’s an afterlife.. what would you say then ?
I just can't bring myself to believe it, so I don't really hold any opinions on it.
Religion can be used as motivation to persevere, or strive to be better people. Sometimes, people need the idea of an all-powerful God to hold people in check. The world would be worse if we weren't all restrained. And before you say that it was possible to do that without religion, remember that you are a part of a society founded by religious people and the ethics of that religion have influenced the law, people's mindsets, and, by extension, your version of good and evil.
You don't have to believe in a magic sky man to be a good person. Sorry, but you don't. And also, I don't believe, yet I'm still a good person. We're "restrained" because on the whole we're a civilised society with morals and a justice system. Alright, fine, so you say our society was built on the idea of religion. I will concede that point. But the OP was worried about going to hell, and the whole point of the thread was the likelihood of going to hell .. and believing in a falsehood isn't helpful regarding that question.
I don't want to start a 'does God exist?' debate here but what makes you think we now know how the world was created with objective evidence ? The last time I heard the big bang theory was our best explanation for the beginning of the universe and that does not disprove deism nor theism. If anything it supports it.
You just said you don't want to start a "does God exist" debate, so don't. I can have my opinions and you can have yours. I have the right to respond, and you don't have to shout me down. I have always said that having to prove something DOESN'T exist is a pathetic argument. You cannot prove that God exists, nor an afterlife, nor anything else of the sort. So until you - or anyone else - has any evidence, I will retain my current view. And when I said religion used to be used to explain the way the world works, I didn't mean the actual start of the world as such .. I meant more like 'miracles', the weather, the existence and evolution of animals, gravity .. there's loads of things. Anyhow, I respect your views, you're 100% entitled to them. Don't quote back - there's no need to argue/debate .
Splendidsword
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Sorry if I sound mean and nasty) Murder is murder... I’m catholic but I believe in the bible more than the catholic church as it’s the words of God expressed in a book plus there’s some themes that I’m against with the catholic church (they’re a bit offensive so I won’t talk about it as it makes me uncomfortable).I respect your perspectives but in my opinion the sin was made from my father and I am born because of my father .. I may have not caused the sin but I still have the connection with my father.. when someone gives birth the child attains both the positive and negative aspects of a parent.. sure this could be a stupid reason but I believe that I’m the only person that can help my dad because we’re family.. families share everything including guilt.. once you kill someone then nature itself will be in pursuit until you pay back what you took from the world.. see Leviticus 24:17,21); "You shall not take redemption for the life of a murderer...; and there shall be no atonement for the blood that was spilled... when it says atonement it doesn’t say that the offspring are purged from it.. so I could very well be affected..I’m not going to lie I’m scared and yes I could be overthinking everything but there’s still a possibility.. there’s no definitive answer..
Then there will be no atonement for your father, not you. Nowhere does is say that you inherit sin. I think the reason it doesn't say that sin isn't inherited (which you believe it is) is because the writers also expected you to use common sense.
Cryoraptor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, because hell doesn't exist. It's a concept invented by powerful humans thousands of years ago to control less powerful humans. You're born, you live and then one day, you die. That's it. It all just goes black. Unpleasant but true.
Splendidsword
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
You don't have to believe in a magic sky man to be a good person. Sorry, but you don't. And also, I don't believe, yet I'm still a good person. We're "restrained" because on the whole we're a civilised society with morals and a justice system. Alright, fine, so you say our society was built on the idea of religion. I will concede that point. But the OP was worried about going to hell, and the whole point of the thread was the likelihood of going to hell .. and believing in a falsehood isn't helpful regarding that question.
The concern about going to hell has been subconsciously built in to believers to the point where they don't think about it, but still act in a way that will prevent them from going there.
The whole reason I was speaking as if hell exists was to try and dissuade the OP from going there. Saying you don't agree with the concept of hell isn't helping anyone right now. He's not going to drop his beliefs just to make himself more comfortable, is he? So, if anything, you aren't helping.
Last edited by Splendidsword; 3 weeks ago
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The concern about going to hell has been subconsciously built in to believers to the point where they don't think about it, but still act in a way that will prevent them from going there.
The whole reason I was speaking as if hell exists was to try and dissuade the OP from going there. Saying you don't agree with the concept of hell isn't helping anyone right now. He's not going to drop his beliefs just to make himself more comfortable, is he? So, if anything, you aren't helping.
Haha, ok.
Splendidsword
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yup as long as you utter "god forgive my sins" as you take your last breath
*sighs*
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Sorry if I sound mean and nasty) Murder is murder... I’m catholic but I believe in the bible more than the catholic church as it’s the words of God expressed in a book plus there’s some themes that I’m against with the catholic church (they’re a bit offensive so I won’t talk about it as it makes me uncomfortable).I respect your perspectives but in my opinion the sin was made from my father and I am born because of my father .. I may have not caused the sin but I still have the connection with my father.. when someone gives birth the child attains both the positive and negative aspects of a parent.. sure this could be a stupid reason but I believe that I’m the only person that can help my dad because we’re family.. families share everything including guilt.. once you kill someone then nature itself will be in pursuit until you pay back what you took from the world.. see Leviticus 24:17,21); "You shall not take redemption for the life of a murderer...; and there shall be no atonement for the blood that was spilled... when it says atonement it doesn’t say that the offspring are purged from it.. so I could very well be affected..I’m not going to lie I’m scared and yes I could be overthinking everything but there’s still a possibility.. there’s no definitive answer..
If you believe what you believe what you believe in, and nothing can shake it, why are you asking our opinion?
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
OP, I'm not sure why you insist on feeling guilty. Your father was a soldier and killed other soldiers. You didn't kill anyone at all. If your god punishes people for simply being born to sinners the he really is a horrible *******.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
I just can't bring myself to believe it, so I don't really hold any opinions on it.

You just said you don't want to start a "does God exist" debate, so don't. I can have my opinions and you can have yours. I have the right to respond, and you don't have to shout me down. I have always said that having to prove something DOESN'T exist is a pathetic argument. You cannot prove that God exists, nor an afterlife, nor anything else of the sort. So until you - or anyone else - has any evidence, I will retain my current view. And when I said religion used to be used to explain the way the world works, I didn't mean the actual start of the world as such .. I meant more like 'miracles', the weather, the existence and evolution of animals, gravity .. there's loads of things. Anyhow, I respect your views, you're 100% entitled to them. Don't quote back - there's no need to argue/debate .
wish more people were like you in the way you say it , I respect your views too and do concede a few of your points there

still, I do believe there is sound evidence for God existing and it is a rational position, atheism being a rational position too. It's just when you use quotes like believing in a 'magic sky man' as a strawman argument , you lose a little bit of my respect for you
Shock Hunter
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Eevie_Anastasia)
Well everyone sins! BUT: If you believe in God, then He will forgive ALL of yours sins, no matter how bad. If you don't pray to God, yes.
He will forgive all your sins as long as u pray and do all that stuff , don’t expect sins to be forgiven if otherwise
Anonymous #6
Report 3 weeks ago
You ever been to King's College London?
hold on what’s wrong w kings? i’ve applied there 🥺
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
still, I do believe there is sound evidence for God existing and it is a rational position
I don't want to turn this into a debate but I must ask, what evidence exactly?
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
hold on what’s wrong w kings? i’ve applied there 🥺
Social life is ****e. Everyone's a ****ing nerd.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Everyone in this thread is sinning for answering something meant strictly for God and no one else!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads