coronavirus?

Watch
luuceeeeeee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hi, i don’t want to sound crazy but i’m really scared about the coronavirus. not because i’m scared of getting it or anything. i’m scared because i’m year 13 with my a-levels coming quickly, and one of my subjects no one in the class can do at home (fine art photography) because we need the school art rooms for it. I can’t fail... and if school shuts I will.

im also scared that if school shuts I won’t be able to see my student support manager because obviously I can’t if we aren’t at school... and she’s the only reason I get up in mornings bc depression.

i’m just worried about what will happen BECAUSE of the virus- can anyone help?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by luuceeeeeee)
hi, i don’t want to sound crazy but i’m really scared about the coronavirus. not because i’m scared of getting it or anything. i’m scared because i’m year 13 with my a-levels coming quickly, and one of my subjects no one in the class can do at home (fine art photography) because we need the school art rooms for it. I can’t fail... and if school shuts I will.

im also scared that if school shuts I won’t be able to see my student support manager because obviously I can’t if we aren’t at school... and she’s the only reason I get up in mornings bc depression.

Schools aren’t gonna shut down because of it in England
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I agree the media just like to scare people
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

We don't know what's going to happen yet, but it's hard to believe that if schools close, the exam authorities won't allow more time later to recover from the situation. We'll see, but remain optimistic, as it's likely that things like this will get worked out.
luuceeeeeee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
thank you all. i guess im just scared cos of how everyone’s saying ayyy schools are gonna shut and im like ah noooo 😂 thank you for the comfort x
Joel 96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The schools could close for sure, but you wouldn't fail or anything. That obviously wouldn't be fair.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Actually, some are already actively taking steps to close to try and stop the spread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-51749772

^ See here for my cousin's school, and that's only one example.

OP there is every chance that we will see school closures in the coming weeks and months BUT you will not miss out or be disadvantaged because of it. They with either change the dates of exams, come up with other ways to take them, or give students their predicted grades. You won't just miss out completely and be refused a university place. Don't worry .
Joel746
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well this didn’t age well lol. I think that grades are going to be decided by teachers and the exams board. They will look at your mock grades, predicted grades, school work or coursework and then determine what grade you should get. Not really fair imo, I’m not an expert in this so I might be wrong or things might have changed since. I hope everything works out for you

luuceeeeeee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
literally did not age well at all😂thanks lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads