My doctor wants to talk to me about my blood test

Watch this thread
MichaeljKnights
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
my Doctors surgery rang me on Thursday saying my GP want to ring me on Monday about my blood test result but didn’t tell me anything else, I’m completely freaking out about it.

The last few months I’ve been feeling very rundown, dizzy, I’ve had a few chest infections, throat infections And just generally very weak!

Is it normal to make me wait three days before speaking to me about it!

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MichaeljKnights)
my Doctors surgery rang me on Thursday saying my GP want to ring me on Monday about my blood test result but didn’t tell me anything else, I’m completely freaking out about it.

The last few months I’ve been feeling very rundown, dizzy, I’ve had a few chest infections, throat infections And just generally very weak!

Thanks
This means that whatever it is isn't particularly urgent: so it's a sign to stop worrying It's probably just a slightly out-of-range result or something which he might want to repeat. Whatever it is, it's highly unlikely to be anything particularly important.
yellowbuttercup
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Good Luck, I'm sure everything will turn out fine <3
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Don't freak out. It could be nothing.

I was told to go into the practice last year just to be told my bloodwork was fine.
mxlis
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MichaeljKnights)

Thanks
i know its tough not to worry but its probably nothing to worry about. If it was urgent they wouldnt wait a number of days to speak to you.
You may be be anaemic, and need some iron supplements. you may have an infection and need anti biotics. We wont know until you speak to your doctor but in the mean time try not to worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads