The Student Room Group

Going on NCS alone

Hi! I was thinking of going on NCS during the summer this year. But, I would be having to go alone since my other friends are all going on a week where I am on holiday. I’m quite a quiet person in general when I’m around people I don’t know, so I was wondering if anyone has had experienced going alone and how it was?
Thank you!
I didn’t know anyone before going on ncs, as all my friends had been all given an earlier date (which was v annoying) and so I was very nervous. But they do loads of stuff to get you to know people and you soon make friends, I’m still in contact with some of the people and they’re lovely (I did it in 2018)
One of the best things about doing something like NCS is making friends that you wouldn't otherwise! As long as you're friendly and willing to participate you should be absolutely fine - you might even find you enjoy it more!
Reply 3
Original post by annaw44
Hi! I was thinking of going on NCS during the summer this year. But, I would be having to go alone since my other friends are all going on a week where I am on holiday. I’m quite a quiet person in general when I’m around people I don’t know, so I was wondering if anyone has had experienced going alone and how it was?
Thank you!

Hey 👋,

Great to hear you're thinking about coming on programme this summer 😃
We know going alone can often be quite daunting but NCS is all about making new friends and we often recommend going solo to get the most out of the experience!

I've left some videos below to hopefully help give you some inspo about NCS, and if you have any other questions please feel free to message us on our main thread 👇

The Stages of NCS
What to pack?
Typical day at NCS?
What sort of people do you meet on NCS?
Tips for breaking the ice!
What are the sleeping arrangements?
Best thing about NCS?
NCS in one word?

Thanks,

Sam 🦒
Original post by annaw44
Thank you!

omg I’m in the same situation! I don’t know if any of my friends are going to go but I’ve applied and I’m normally a really shy person. How did it go for you, if you don’t mind me asking?
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending