Circuit in a concrete block?

Watch this thread
Jc1256
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

For a DT project, I am making a small desk lamp. The base will be made from concrete and will have a switch on top of it to turn the light on/off.

Firstly, how would you create a circuit inside the concrete?

Secondly, how would you put a switch on top of the concrete base?

Thirdly, how would you make a simple circuit (i.e. on/off) for a small desk? lamp?
SeverusESnape
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jc1256)
Hi,

For a DT project, I am making a small desk lamp. The base will be made from concrete and will have a switch on top of it to turn the light on/off.

Firstly, how would you create a circuit inside the concrete?

Secondly, how would you put a switch on top of the concrete base?

Thirdly, how would you make a simple circuit (i.e. on/off) for a small desk? lamp?
but why are you using concrete?
Jc1256
Rep:
For aesthetics
SeverusESnape
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jc1256)
For aesthetics
How about you make the circuit in a wooden box, and cover it with something that looks and feels like concrete
SeverusESnape
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SeverusESnape)
How about you make the circuit in a wooden box, and cover it with something that looks and feels like concrete
like sandpaper
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't advise making a desk lamp base out of concrete, that would make it incredibly heavy and hard to lift up which is a massive negative of a lamp that is meant to be portable and useable. Concrete will also crack if it falls off a table.
Jc1256
Rep:
Yes, that makes sense. So, if I was going to make a wooden base, what wood should I choose that is easy to paint with a concrete-effect paint and how would I make the base of the lamp using wood?

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads